G'day from - WA

Hey Huggy, welcome to the madhouse mate.

What part of WA are you in?

Watch out for Dann81, with a name like that he'll be inviting you camping with him...... Last time I went with him I had to padlock my swag closed.

Guest kevin

Hi All,

I am getting back into shooting after a 10 year lay off and a move to the South West ( bussselton) from interstate, wish I had now brought my rifles over with at the time but all of the paperwork is done and just waiting for the returns as I'm sure a number of others are.

Not having alot of contacts here with large properties i'm hoping to meet some fellow shooters and get an idea where can shoot some rabbits, foxes and pigs.

any info would be great!

Hi All,

I am getting back into shooting after a 10 year lay off and a move to the South West ( bussselton) from interstate, wish I had now brought my rifles over with at the time but all of the paperwork is done and just waiting for the returns as I'm sure a number of others are.

Not having alot of contacts here with large properties i'm hoping to meet some fellow shooters and get an idea where can shoot some rabbits, foxes and pigs.

any info would be great!

Welcome aboard mate. I live near Manjimup myself and have been here for 8 years, though not for much longer. I'll be moving back to Perth soon. I shoot on several properties out east of here towards Mt Barker.

Hey Huggy, welcome to the madhouse mate.

Watch out for Dann81, with a name like that he'll be inviting you camping with him...... Last time I went with him I had to padlock my swag closed.

LOL :lol::lol:

Dont worry about dann81 mate its that old bugger sneaky u have to watch out for. He'll sneak around the back door any chance he gets. :P

Specially now he's single......

Epitome, you're coming to join us in civilisation mate?

We'll have to invite you to our next BBQ if you're in the neighborhood.

I know this bloke who has some venison in the freezer, supposed to be some of it coming my way but he's been hard to catch up with of late....

Specially now he's single......

Epitome, you're coming to join us in civilisation mate?

We'll have to invite you to our next BBQ if you're in the neighborhood.

I know this bloke who has some venison in the freezer, supposed to be some of it coming my way but he's been hard to catch up with of late....

Kind of Sneaky. I'm looking for work in the mines up north as a FIFO worker. I have an application in for a job right now. I've had enough of my current job, after 8 years of it. I'm over the cold southern winters too, so I'm looking for a change of scene up north somewhere.

gday just signed up

from perth, fremantle

nice to find a place with like minded locals :)

Welcome aboard mate.

Enjoy.

Hello all,

I'm 16 this year and from NOR and just looking to buy my first gun (.22 air rifle for now). Only have one place to use it so keen to find somebody around Perth who is happy to have avid recreational shooters on their property. At the moment I am interested in small game just to get the hang of handling a gun.

Cheers,

Elliot

Hi All

Just getting back into shooting, been fishing for a while now and still keen but wanted something else to do in the winter.

I have a 17HMR .22 .243 44mag and .410

Looking forward to having a chat

Regard Frank

Welcome to the fray frank.

g'day im 21 bricklayer by trade, joining the army soon(YOU interview next week) ive always been intrested in hunting and shooting but only ever had the chance to once and that was with a .22 when i was 16. basically wondering what i need to do to get into hunting in WA if you dont have access to a big property?

thanks, Brendon

basically wondering what i need to do to get into hunting in WA if you dont have access to a big property?

thanks, Brendon

Hi Brendon, welcome to the forum mate.

In answer to your question.... Move to another state.

No access to property, no hunting in WA.

Don't let that stop you though, get out there, you'll find properties if you look.

would be easier to do that if i already had a rifle, i dont think a random farmer will sign a letter to someone he doesnt know especially to someone as young as 21? i need some help with options or ideas to try get a start hunting?

G'day Brendon, maybe join a club and then see what happens, sometimes you can get an invite from a member if they know your looking for a hunt.

that way you have the rifle and if the cocky lets you shoot just ask him to give you written permission to shoot on his property to keep it all above board.

CHEERS , BRENDAN.