G'day from - WA

I would say it depends on what you can get on the property, if you can get a .223 then you can reload it to hornet speeds and noise or use full house loads, it all depends on what you can get and whats available to shoot.

if rabbits and foxs then you could put in for a ,22 rimfire for spotlighting at night , a 12 gauge shotgun for walking around whistling up foxs and taking running shots at sprinting rabbits and if it's big enough for a .223 then a .223 for long range shooting on ferals and vermin, if there are bigger animals to be shot and the property lets you then a good 6.5 X 55 , 308, 7/08 , 260 rem 300win mag, 300 wsm, 270 wsm etc etc but don't think because you get a hornet it will be easy to upgrade it later as the cops wil ask why the hornet is no longer required and then the BS starts.

get what you can don't go small unless it's all you can get from the property owner, I have been thru it all for open class rifles / shotguns, club support rifles and club suport .22 rimfire and C/f pistols.

Get onto it buddy , the sooner you get it the sooner you can shoot it, you have an invite to our club whenever you get your lic , we have a .22 rimfire range as well as a 500 m range to really try your skills out,

Cheers , Brendan.

What is it with the post offcie system, you get knocked bak on verything?

[brendan Mc, what club are you at pistol sohouette or some other kinf of silhouette?

I'm at perth rifle metalic sillhouets club up at the wanneroo shooting complex on Perry road, we are one of the few clubs close to Perth that has 500m range and 5 sets of centrefire targets and 12 sets of rimfire targets , we are soon to shoot rimfire leveraction sillhouette so if you have a rimfire lever gun with open sights come on up and compete.

I'm at perth rifle metalic sillhouets club up at the wanneroo shooting complex on Perry road, we are one of the few clubs close to Perth that has 500m range and 5 sets of centrefire targets and 12 sets of rimfire targets , we are soon to shoot rimfire leveraction sillhouette so if you have a rimfire lever gun with open sights come on up and compete.

expensive to join?

expensive to join?

$110 nomination fee (once off fee), $110 per year, take $10 off each time you attend a busy bee and thats it( My son and I do it all and it cost me $139 this year for both of us), if your deemed a fit and propper person you get a main gate key and the combination to the club rooms and targets shed, you are allowed there 24/7 unless there is a comp on ( weekends) but every second sunday is a free day, or if there is a busy bee happening.

We shoot,

1,rimfire silly wet rifle (to 100m) 12 bays

2,centrefire silly wet rifle & centre fire service rifle (303's etc) to 500m 5 bays

3, rimfire handgun silly wet( to 100m)

4, centrefire handgun silly wet ( centrefire service pistol)(to 200m)

5, 500m fly

6, sporting clays

7, 500m fly (12 bays)

8, practical hunting rifle

Anyway enough of my speil, you can contact me on brendanprmsc@gmail.com , I'm the membership officer as well as assist secretary .

I usually check that email account every wednesday and on the weekend if I have nothing to do as that address is only for club use

Edited by Brendan Mc

Hi all

Just re-registered on aushunt,was on around 2007 but lapsed ,i live in perth but hunt in variou,s places around the state anyware from augusta to wiluna at the moment

mainly foxs goats rabbits and trying for pigs

Richie

Hi all

Just re-registered on aushunt,was on around 2007 but lapsed ,i live in perth but hunt in variou,s places around the state anyware from augusta to wiluna at the moment

mainly foxs goats rabbits and trying for pigs

Richie

If'n your looking for a shooting partner let me know, I'm chasing a property manager / owner that will give me an open letter to get my 7/08, willing to pitch in with $$ cash etc no problem.

Edited by Brendan Mc

$110 nomination fee (once off fee), $110 per year, take $10 off each time you attend a busy bee and thats it( My son and I do it all and it cost me $139 this year for both of us), if your deemed a fit and propper person you get a main gate key and the combination to the club rooms and targets shed, you are allowed there 24/7 unless there is a comp on ( weekends) but every second sunday is a free day, or if there is a busy bee happening.

We shoot,

1,rimfire silly wet rifle (to 100m) 12 bays

2,centrefire silly wet rifle & centre fire service rifle (303's etc) to 500m 5 bays

3, rimfire handgun silly wet( to 100m)

4, centrefire handgun silly wet ( centrefire service pistol)(to 200m)

5, 500m fly

6, sporting clays

7, 500m fly (12 bays)

8, practical hunting rifle

Anyway enough of my speil, you can contact me on brendanprmsc@gmail.com , I'm the membership officer as well as assist secretary .

I usually check that email account every wednesday and on the weekend if I have nothing to do as that address is only for club use

Silly wet, call me dumb. I don't undetstand !

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.