hi Steviod what type a shotgun did you get , i went with an adler for the things i do feral pigeons cats dogs and such plus the odd clay here and there

Hi guys, I'm an Aussie, from WA travelling around NZ at the moment. I'm about to get into bow hunting over here when I find the right bow. I have no hunting experience yet but keen to learn. Certainly should have plenty of opportunities over here, especially compared to home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunno if they will take too kindly to you shooting kiwis with a bow - will they? :lolu:

Hi everyone im from Perth WA,

I have been hunting and shooting for quite a few years now, originally started in skipton victora where my dad is from at the age of 12, now 35 years old still love it every time i get out.

I have a few friends on the north island of New Zealand where i have hunted deer, pigs, goats,hare,rabbits,and possums.

Here in Wa im mainly culling kangaroos, foxs, goats,cats and dogs on farming properties bout 3 hours from perth, 

Im still looking for the elusive wild pigs here in wa.

Hi All

I am considering taking the risk of inviting someone to come hunting with me. It seems like most on here are very mature and respect the farm rules.

If you are interested, please drop me a message. Ideally I'd like someone who is a shift worker (I usually go overnight during the week) and has the decency to split fuel costs. I am more than happy to take my vehicle.

You HAVE to have your own rifles on an open license and have at least a .223 calibre rifle.

Properties are within 3.5hrs of Perth.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CrazyNuts said:

Hi All

I am considering taking the risk of inviting someone to come hunting with me. It seems like most on here are very mature and respect the farm rules.

If you are interested, please drop me a message. Ideally I'd like someone who is a shift worker (I usually go overnight during the week) and has the decency to split fuel costs. I am more than happy to take my vehicle.

You HAVE to have your own rifles on an open license and have at least a .223 calibre rifle.

Properties are within 3.5hrs of Perth.

Fantastic Offer,  I cannot speak for Everyone, but this is why we try make the Effort on the AusHunt members gatherings (yes- not many happen outside of deer hunting in Victoria)  but then we have first hand experience with Said member, or are aware of him, if something like this Pops up , it makes it Easier for others to say - Hey, I met XXTimXX at the Varmint shoot/Range day/ Fishing day  that last month,  I will put my hand up for this offer" etc  

Same goes when You offer a opportunity like this,  You are reaching out to Strangers.....   Had you of known 3-4-5- people previously off here, I'm sure they would be the First to get Asked.

Just be Careful, people are quick to stab ya in the back , Very quick to exploit your access through their friends ....  

Most I have met here have been Great, Genuine  and only a Couple havnt.

ps- may get a better audience in a sub forum or general discussion

Good luck, Great offer..

WL

Edited by whelanlad

3 minutes ago, whelanlad said:

Fantastic Offer,  I cannot speak for Everyone, but this is why we try make the Effort on the AusHunt members gatherings (yes- not many happen outside of deer hunting in Victoria)  but then we have first hand experience with Said member, or are aware of him, if something like this Pops up , it makes it Easier for others to say - Hey, I met XXTimXX at the Varmint shoot/Range day/ Fishing day  that last month,  I will put my hand up for this offer" etc  

Same goes when You offer a opportunity like this,  You are reaching out to Strangers.....   Had you of known 3-4-5- people previously off here, I'm sure they would be the First to get Asked.

Just be Careful, people are quick to stab ya in the back , Very quick to exploit your access through their friends ....  

Most I have met here have been Great, Genuine  and only a Couple havnt.

Good luck, Great offer..

WL

I have to say that I got no call when asking around these forums to tag along, so a bit disappointing on that front, but understandable.

Well aware of the back stabbing but hoping this place is full of people who appreciate the opportunity given to them. 

G'day, just found this forum. Recently got my shotgun and 308 licence, looking forward forward to shooting them.

New to Australia so still looking for a few clubs to join.

Got a few years experience with guns, used to do a lot of practical shooting in South Africa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G'day all I'm from Perth SOR have lived here all my life and wouldn't live anywhere else if you paid me :') I'm a recreational shooter and I'm keen to help out any property owners who require vermin control in WA. Happy to be here!

Hi Guy's

I'M a kiwi leaving in perth been hunting all my life in nz, been living here since 2003, lack of deer hunting in WA is a pain but return every year to NZ during the roar always plenty of deer over there but numbers are getting reduced through the gov's policy of dumbing 1080 poison by air

11pt red stag shot this year during the roar in nz, sorry about the poor quality photo

IMG_0199.jpg

6 hours ago, redstag said:

Hi Guy's

I'M a kiwi leaving in perth been hunting all my life in nz, been living here since 2003, lack of deer hunting in WA is a pain but return every year to NZ during the roar always plenty of deer over there but numbers are getting reduced through the gov's policy of dumbing 1080 poison by air

11pt red stag shot this year during the roar in nz, sorry about the poor quality photo

IMG_0199.jpg

is that a sambar next to it

• Like 1

Plenty deer in WA, just got to know where to look.

20 hours ago, whelanlad said:

is that a sambar next to it

whelanlad, its a 6point red stag that i shot the previous year, i left it hanging in a tree, and picked it up this year

Yeah, it's a worry coz those who have found a mob here or there get p!ssy at me when I mention publicly the locations of the various mobs of them.

18 hours ago, Joe Kerr said:

Yeah, it's a worry coz those who have found a mob here or there get p!ssy at me when I mention publicly the locations of the various mobs of them.

going for a ticky tour next for a look at a couple of places got plenty of time on the hands now i,ve retired

• Like 1

Hi all just joined  up .

Me and my partner looking for properties  to hunt fox rabbits cats respectful and safe 

Out of perth but will travel no problem 

Ssaa members . 

G'day from Manjimup WA. I used to shoot a lot with my dad, brothers and uncles as a kid and teenager but haven't really done much in the last decade. I'm currently in the process of getting my license and a couple of firearms.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself, from a small town a couple of hours north of Perth. Been shooting with friends since I was a young-un. Part-time farm worker on the family farm, full time parts guy for John Deere,

Keep safe and have fun

On 28/05/2017 at 9:19 PM, Dale WA said:

Im still looking for the elusive wild pigs here in wa.

elusive except in northampton and if youve got a chopper apparently..

listen to the country hour report here at 31min35sec

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/programs/wa-country-hour/2018-02-21/wa-country-hour-21-february-2018/9471426