G'day from - WA

Hi Grant. thanks for the tip mate look forward to sharing some hunting experiences with the guys/gals on here.

I think my stalking in the uk may seem a little tame to you guys though.

A mate of mine has just come back from aus and brought some of your hunting mags back with him great reading about the different game animals you have over there.

sinbadpaul

Hi All

My name is Laurie and I'm based in WA for the next couple of years on a military posting from New Zealand. Have left my firearms in NZ, but contemplating applying for my WA licence while I'm here, and perhaps buying in Oz rather than brining my firearms over.

I'm originally from Carnarvon, WA and my first shooting experiences growing up were tagging along with my old man shooting goats. Have lived in NZ for the last 20 years and hunt fallow, reds, sika and tahr. Also do a bit of small game hunting and get into the bird season each year chasing ducks and pheasants.

My main rifle has been a sako av rebarreled in 280 Rem, but I traded it before coming to Oz. Currently have the following waiting for me at home:

- Rem Sendero in 7mm RUM, braked with an IOR 3-18x42 (haven't shot it yet - looking forward to getting it into the field over summer when I go home for xmas). It came with 100 rounds of factory ammo and some once fired brass, but it is destined as a donor action for a 338 build once the barrel is burnt out.

- Barnard P action in 308 Win (28" Trueflite barrel) in home made laminate stock / barnard V block, with Weaver Grand Slam 6.5-20x40 (bought recently and will test the barrel a bit more before I decide if I'll rebarrel as a varmint rig)

- Rem 788 in 6mmBR, with and old steel 26mm tube Kahles 3-9x40 (haven't shot it yet either, have loaded some test rounds for it after assembling the project, so will also shoot this over summer)

- Brno mod 1 22LR with Mueller APV 4.5-14

- Winchester 101 Lightweight U/O winchokes, 3" chamber

- Rem 1187 12ga

Starting to think about putting together a relatively lightweight package as a versatile rifle for deer stalking in NZ's tight bush but capable out to 600yrds (sika and tahr in the open tops). Something like a factory kimber montana (and I see they now do a 280AI which would be ideal) or a modified Rem 700.

For now I'll have to stick to underwater hunting (spearfishing) and accept that i'm also part of the food chain :-)

Hi my name is Mike.

I am an ex-zimbabwean, and have been hunting since I could hold a rifle. I have recently been back to south africa where I had an awesome experience getting a trophy gemsbok and springbok.

I would love to spend more time hunting here in Aus - so if anyone is looking for a buddy to go hunting with, give me a shout.

Also I need to get the practise in before I head back to Zim next year to get my first buff.

Cheers

Hi all

My name is Bruce; venerable (not venereal) old fart who has been hunting mainly ferals since I was old enough to sight down Dad's Model 1B Lithgow. Member of PFRc and also interested in target shooting.

Lithgow .22 (was my late father's)

Anschutz .22RF

Salvage .22 Hornet

Salvage 10fp .223

Reload my own centrefire.

Just interested in guns 'n' stuff generally :thumbsu:

Hi my name is Mike.

I am an ex-zimbabwean, and have been hunting since I could hold a rifle. I have recently been back to south africa where I had an awesome experience getting a trophy gemsbok and springbok.

I would love to spend more time hunting here in Aus - so if anyone is looking for a buddy to go hunting with, give me a shout.

Also I need to get the practise in before I head back to Zim next year to get my first buff.

Cheers

We run south african practical hunting rifle matches at Perth rifle metal silly wet club every second saturday arvo shooting a variety of aust and african game at unknown distances and from different types of rests and off hand ( trees , tyres, bench , car bonnet ,off a hill etc) if you want to get in some practice let us know from .223's to 505 gibbs, we have a facebook page too.

G'day CT here from Albany WA, been an archer for a few years now and im looking to try my hand at the hunt.

My main interest is in feral pigs/goats, keen to get that first boar.

Edited by CT9497

Gday to all fellow Hunters, I use my 22-250 Savage Axis to help control Foxes and Rabbits and Feral Cats on my Mate's Farm in Wogan Hills. looking forward to heading back again. wouldn't mind pig hunting some day that would good. may have to step up the Calibre but im sure a 55 grain Nolser should do something. am also in works of a 12 G Akkar Churchhill Under and Over, Can't wait for that..

Hey all, after much of an issue getting my gun over here from Victoria to Perth it should now be here within 6-8weeks they have told me once all of the paper work etc is all ok. I currently have a .308 Ruger, I normally went shooting Goats, Deer and Foxes with my rifle. Am looking for some people to go shooting with on day trips, weekends , whatever.

I am also looking at getting a shotgun again and also a smaller rifle but at the minute I just have the .308.

If anyones keen to head out for a shot feel free to drop me an email mtreble1@gmail.com

Hey all, About to get the ball rolling for some serious hunting in WA, I have my tikka t3 varmint .270 on the way for larger game and I'm almost finished the rebuild on my camper! I have a property to visit about 3 hours north of Perth but I'm still searching for that special some where closer to perth just to hunt rabbits or pest birds for farmers on my breaks.(.22 / 12 gauge ) I'm here to meet like minded people and hopefully make some new friends who more interesting things to do than sink piss all week end every week end.

So if your into the out doors, camping, shooting, trapping drop me a email

mjkeillor@gmail.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gday all finally got my new addition Akkar Churchill sporting 30 Under and Over, can't wait to get it out there blazing Foxes, and Rabbits..

Hi boy's I am the secretary of the Perth rifle metallic silhouette club and shoot in the field too,

it's good on here,,,, if there is anything we can help you with then just ask.

I may speak to our committee to see if we can have a WA Austhunt afternoon at our club, a bit of shooting and a bbq would be good,

Maybe we can celebrate getting a S&F party member into parliament.

CHEERS, Brendan.

Hi boy's I am the secretary of the Perth rifle metallic silhouette club and shoot in the field too,

it's good on here,,,, if there is anything we can help you with then just ask.

I may speak to our committee to see if we can have a WA Austhunt afternoon at our club, a bit of shooting and a bbq would be good,

Maybe we can celebrate getting a S&F party member into parliament.

CHEERS, Brendan.

tell me more. Keen as