G'day from - WA

G'day All,

I live in Perth. Have been shooting for a year, mostly bunnies with the CZ452 22LR.

I'm with SSAA and do a little pistol shooting too.

I'm keen to get after some pigs and am looking to get something like a Sako 75 in .270 WSM or the like.

Gruffnut

hi ive been shooting since i was old enough to hold a rifle im now 31 . i hunt mainly foxes, roos(with tags),rabbits and when the chance pigs and goats. i also shoot ipsc pistol. other intrests scuba diving,spearfishing,fishing, 4x4 and camping .

G'day, had me first proper shoot a few weeks ago, been shooting guns for a few years now but that was the first hunt we really dropped anything worth while. Im only 17 at the moment hanging out for a few months to get my license and start getting into it quite hard. Are there any places down south near boyup brook worth taking a look at ill be down there with mates in a week or so with a gun or two to have a shoot.

Hey everyone. Name is Andrew and have just got back into shooting. Originally from Devonport in Tassie, now in Perth so there is a bit of difference in hunting terrain for you!! Well, look forward to gaining some knowledge from everyone!

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'day. Just really got into shooting a few months back. Really enjoying it. Just want to go out there all the time. have a couple properties to go to but always looking for more. Anyone offering a property to go to would be most appreciated. Im getting mainly rabbits and want to get my first fox hopefully this weekend.

Hi there.

I used to hunt Cat's, Goats and Rabbits in Kalgoorlie 15 years ago and gave it away when I came back to Perth. (I used to be a copper there) My new partner got me into camping. She's areal outdoors girl, so my interest got me back into hunting. (And now I have someone to cook my gmae for me!)

I have a .22LR Henry with a 3x9 Silver Fox Scope for Bunnies, Cat's and the odd whistled fox.

I have a 1915 BSA .303 with iron sights I bought off the Army around 1990 for $50.00 (Imagine the government doing that these days!) I intend to use it to hunt pigs.

I have never shot a Fox, Pig, Deer or wild dog as yet. But I hope to hunt these ferals.

I am currently completely unable to decide to buy a 22-250 or a .243 for Goats, wild dogs and larger game.

I'm a complete greenie, a member of the Dingo Conservation Society and will only shoot ferals and hybrid dogs.

I can't believe how the disgusting use of 1080 kills dingoes and allows cats and fozxes to overpopulate and smash the ecosystems around! Good fencing by primary producers, guard dogs for flocks is better than 1080 banned pretty much everywhere in the world. Even Zimbabwe has banned it!

I respect others opinions and am not one to have a go at anyone who hunts natives. My choice is to hunt ferals only but I understand how some natives need to be kept under control.

Anyone who can advise me on a 22-250 or .243 quandry (Money isn't important but I can't afford both!) I will love to hear from you.

Gday to everyone.I`m living in the SW and love gettin out shooting rabbits,foxes and just starting to get into pigging with the help of some friends.Also getting back into bowhunting after a few years layoff.Joined the site to waste away the hours reading about anything hunting related.

down south west here of WA

....used to shoot alot for foxes, rabbits and roos, specially down the scott river way ,when i was younger , trying to get my sons into a bit of shooting as they are 18 & 21 and would like them to enjoy the sport as much as have and learn the ropes but hard to find a property i can use on a regular basis with all care etc taken

any one who can help let em know , as we are carefull and respect property owners to the max

small calibre stuff only , .22 brno and lithgow , couple of shottys as well for foxes, rabbits mainly

Edited by hess

down south west here of WA

....used to shoot alot for foxes, rabbits and roos, specially down the scott river way ,when i was younger , trying to get my sons into a bit of shooting as they are 18 & 21 and would like them to enjoy the sport as much as have and learn the ropes but hard to find a property i can use on a regular basis with all care etc taken

any one who can help let em know , as we are carefull and respect property owners to the max

small calibre stuff only , .22 brno and lithgow , couple of shottys as well for foxes, rabbits mainly

Hey Newbie, I'm responsible as well. I have a .223 on the way but only for a small 100 acre property. And I'm not into shooting roo's.

Tell you what, when I find a Bunny/FOx property I'll PM you, please do otherwise for me. :-)