G'day from - ACT

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi, my name is Shane. I live in the ACT and have just got into shooting in the last couple of years.

Im a carpenter and am also into 4x4ing and trail bikes and quad's.

I have a 96 hilux, 06 hilux, cr125, raptor 660R.

I have a Brno .222, Boito .410 and a CMC Mountaineer .308 on the way.

I have a few mates with 1000+ acre properties with in an hour from home between them they've got pig, deer, foxes, rabbit, and hares. So thats handy ive mainly shot foxes, rabbits, hares but that will all change when i get the .308

shane

Shane308

Geez, with all those toys, I'm guessing you're a single bloke, right?! Lucky bugger either way!

I'm also in ACT. Have a 243 and a 20 Practical at the moment. Mainly into foxes and bunnies but bought the 243 as an all rounder so in the process of trying to line up a couple of pig hunting properties out west.

Cheers for now.

G'day fellow ACT hunters,

I thought I would add a comment.

I too are currently living in the Nations Capital.

I hunt all kinds of feral critters;both locally and interstate; however, I mainly like to hunt Sambar and fallow.

I am also heavily involved in Spear fishing.

I also have a Nissan patrol 3 litre turbo diesel, thats drives me to my hunting destinations.

All the best.

g-day to all new members

....cheers maddo....

hey any one here use the shooting range out at fairburn??

if any one does could ya fill me in on the requirments on what i need to do i just want to go and sight in my guns from time to time and teach my girlfriend to shoot without a rabbit in the way, and let off a few rounds when i can get away to do so.

any help on this would be great even to meet a few of ya's if you go out there at all

cheers tom

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hey, Guys. Love hunting, Can I have full access now?

Stuart

Sheeesh you have made great progress with this site . Something the movement can be proud of.

I spent a lot of time on political issues on this site some time back and I think we have made some

progress there with the legislators. No doubt we will always have to fight for our privileges and rights.

I am a fulltime year round hunting guide and have been at it for over 10 years. It is a demanding

business and I pay homage to Pack Horses. That's what you become when you are a hunting guide.

It has its advantages if you like early mornings, late nights and plenty of physical work.

Downside is that you are rarely at home and it strains the family life. So many countries

now facilitate great hunting and present such amazing opportunities.

I am proud to be a hunter and follow the basic instincts. We all need to become game managers

and value our resources. We are the lucky country and we need to keep it that way.

Every hunter is part of the family and we need to stand united. I only have good words to say

about all my fellow hunters. With very few exceptions we are sound reliable people dedicated

to our sport and recreation. Front line conservationist we witness a lot of enviromental changes

first hand. The past years have been very difficult for most of us with drought, fires and floods.

Not to mention the effects on our game animals.

I try to keep the relevant authorities informed on the impacts of their policies.

No matter how small our individual contribution we all need to look after the industry and the sport.

They go hand in hand. I have always supported a practical approach, keep the campsites clean, exercise

absolute gun safety, help mates in distress, honor the public and take plenty of time to fly the flag.

That includes admitting you are a hunter, front the politicians and try where ever possible to be positive

and look to a brighter future. When you practice this code it will continue to get better and the rewards will

be yours.

Hope you are all having some great hunting.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hi brett here new again 2 hunting been out 4 awile