G'day from - SA

Thanks mate, I'll try to post lots of pics. My biggest problem at the moment is finding property's to hunt on, I would be out every weekend if i could. As soon i can get some fresh pics they will be up here ;)

G'Day all.

I like my hunting. I have ferrets and also enjoy shooting mostly rabbits, foxes and cats. Have done a trip to the top end and dropped a lot of pigs and a few brumbys. Hanging out for the cooler weather to take the ferrets out again.

Cheers

Ian

Hello

I have been shooting since i was 9yrs old. My father got me started and now im hooked. Im involved with the Hunting and Conservation branch of the Sporting Shooters. The club has given me plenty of opportunities to knock over the ferals in our great state. Its all good!

Cheers

Grant

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi my name is pete. I live in SA. I love shooting.

Hi, I'm Finch.

I have a small collection of .22 rifles, and pending access to more properties and actually seeing some vermin to shoot, I'm looking at expanding the collection to include something a little more noisy.

guns1.jpg

I spent a lot of time on a farm as a little tacker, and fifteen years later I'm starting to get back in to the shooting arts. I'm yet to have a successful hunt with my new rifles - where have all the rabbits gone? They're not where I've been looking!

I'll probably spend far more time lurking than posting.

Hi All,

I am a new member in SA, ive been a hunter and shooter now for the last 5 years. I love the sport and have had lots of great experiences hunting foxes, goats and rabbits. I am looking to make some new friends that like hunting and would like to share some stories and maybe go hunting with one day.

whats the next calibre to add to the collection?

I'm not sure. Part of me wants a .22 Hornet, part of me wants a .204 Ruger, part of me wants a Savage .17HMR with the nifty laminated thumbhole stock, and yet another part of me wants a .243 - but I'm thinking the .17HMR and .204 Ruger are the most realistic options. I doubt I'll be after anything larger than cats any time soon, so those two should suffice.

Who knows... I might just continue to expand my collection of .22's :)

They all sound good mate, ive wanted a .22 hornet for years but my preference of calibre is the .243 it never stops amazing me how it gets accuracy out to such a great distance

I'm not sure. Part of me wants a .22 Hornet, part of me wants a .204 Ruger, part of me wants a Savage .17HMR with the nifty laminated thumbhole stock, and yet another part of me wants a .243 - but I'm thinking the .17HMR and .204 Ruger are the most realistic options. I doubt I'll be after anything larger than cats any time soon, so those two should suffice.

Who knows... I might just continue to expand my collection of .22's :)

G'dayall,

My name is Jordan. new to this site and it was suggested to me by rabbit skinner my younger brother. im 23 been hunting and in the stix since i could walk and now live in the northern suburbs due to work.

love all hunting mainly rabbits foxes and getting into the pigs.

got a ruger mk11 30-06 winchester 22mag and old single barrell shottie.

also got a stag/dane/bully bitch thats about 4mths old.

hard to start her on the pigs cause she my first dog

keen to learn more talk more and find a keen pigger with experienceddogs that has some time and patience willing to help out a fellow hunter starting out.

cheers

sounds good mate, let me know if you need help with getting started again

hi, i'm 34 and just got my license, i used to go hunting before i got married but havent been for years now so i want to get back into it again.

g'day im 19 and just got posted to ne adelide by the army, looking to meet a few blokes you dont mind coming out for a hunt i have a few properties on the border that i go to reguraly 3 ou of 4 weeks, i dont like shooting that much but dont mind mucking around every now and then gotta magnum .22 a .270 and under and over 12 gaugae, iv hunted rats to samber and everything in between from from the south east of vic to the tip of the cape, my passion is my dogs and they can find catch and kill anything i want (100% stock proof) if anyone feels like going for a hunt let me know shareing is caring so it would have to be a two way thing but other wise no issues

cheers nathan

Sounds great mate, Ill go hunting with you if you want some company

g'day im 19 and just got posted to ne adelide by the army, looking to meet a few blokes you dont mind coming out for a hunt i have a few properties on the border that i go to reguraly 3 ou of 4 weeks, i dont like shooting that much but dont mind mucking around every now and then gotta magnum .22 a .270 and under and over 12 gaugae, iv hunted rats to samber and everything in between from from the south east of vic to the tip of the cape, my passion is my dogs and they can find catch and kill anything i want (100% stock proof) if anyone feels like going for a hunt let me know shareing is caring so it would have to be a two way thing but other wise no issues

cheers nathan