G'day from - SA

G'day folks, I've been hunting for over 30 years and was lucky enough to take it up with a mate who was taught very well by his father. He'd cut his hunting teeth in South Africa and successfully transferred all the required safety aspects to my mate and thus myself. I hunt regularly all over SA, targeting fallow deer, goats and the usual foxes, rabbits etc. My first rifle was a Browning .22 Magnum (pump action) - still got it and its as accurate as ever. My most recent purchase was a Sako laminated stock, stainless barrel in .270 - Its first 17 shots have claimed a fallow for meat and 16 goats. Happy hunting!

G'day all,

I hope you all had a happy and eventful Australia Day :)

My name's Sam, I'm 20 and have recently passed my firearms course, I'm now waiting on my license to come through so I can finally go out and have some fun hunting.

Looking forward to learning and listening on the forum.

Cheers Guys,

Sam

G'day, my name is Fernando, I am 40 years old, moved to Roxby Downs from South Africa 6 months ago.

Hunted for 24 years in South Africa and was fortunate to have hunted from Jackal to Elephant.

In Australia I have hunted foxes, rabbits, cats and dingo's but still what to go and do some deer hunting.

I have applied for my firearm license in December and now I am playing the waiting game.

I whant to buy a .22, .243W, .204R, and a .30-06. that show keep me busy for a while.

If anybody has some spare deer avalible send me a message.

Gday. I mainly shoot field and game and are getting ready to get my duck permit which is how I found this site. I'm also getting into small bore (shot a 100.9 and 100.5 tonight @ 90m :devil: ) and are looking at a Howa Varmint 243 or 308 for F class full bore. Really looking forward to spending more time out hunting with the young fella and getting him involved in the sport.

Cheers

Edited by rotten08

G'day there,

I'm 23 yrs old n currently live in one of Adelaide's inner suburbs. I grew up on a farm on the west coast so have always used rifles for pest control (roos, foxes, rabbits) and have always been interested in hunting, especially bow hunting as I like the extra challenges it poses. Any other bow hunters out there give me a msg!

Cheers

hey, names nathan, had to join up to find out where to shoot,

just waiting on license to come back through, then picking up a rem 700 tac, and deciding between a xlr or mdt chassis with leupold scope, carbine butt stock, ar pistol grip, and a few more bells and whistles haha

aiming for rabbit and small deer, but mainly longe range target though

Hi everyone , i am 38 grew up in the territory shooting dingoes , buffalo , pigs etc moved to adelaide 10 years ago and hadnt shot much apart from foxes and rabbits with a mates 222 , we moved to the clare valley onto a farm so a shotgun was quickly purchased and i just aquired a 303 from an old fella that was going into a home so want to learn all i can about deer hunting , ive seen some big stags and i love venison .

G'day Australia.

My name is James i,m 30 from the essex countryside england and currently living in east london. Hunting is my way of relaxing and enjoying the countryside. The family have two lurchers , a bedlington terrier/whippet/greyhound and a deerhound/greyhound who i take to the fields for rabbits. i love a rabbit stew. I have also shot all types of prey.

My sister is currently living in Melbourne and loving her time there, i plan to be visiting your beautiful country in a few months and have been looking for ideas of work and seasonal work on your great land.

Anyone looking for a sociable, hard working, outdoors young man for there farm or hunting business, i could be your man. I really want to get back to my passion, of hunting and the outdoors. My heart has never been for the city.

I look forward to meeting and chatting to you all about your passions and am so jealous already of the hunting stories i,ve heard elsewhere. you guys don't muck about.

Happy hunting people.

James

Gaday you lot welcome.

Feel free to join in or ask questions any time.

Newbie or not thats is not important, what is important is that you get the answers your after.

So ask anything you like.

Again welcome.

G'day all

Names Jono, 25 from Adelaide, been into spearfishing for ages and want to get into shooting also as i have a couple of mates who go out hunting over here.

Only a newbie as i'm waiting for my license to come through so i can get into shooting also.

Cheers

Jono