G'day from - SA

Hello one, hello all...

My name is Nyc, and I live in sunny Mount Gambier...

I have only just applied for my firearms license a week ago, as I have been kept pretty busy with work and helping bring up six little terrorists. The oldest 16 and the youngest 11 months...

Now to help keep me sane I think I need to get out and enjoy the little spare time that I get...

An early apology, because I will more than likely be asking either some questions that you have all heard before, or really stupid ones. But we all have to start somewhere, don't we...

Anyway, I am looking forward to broadening my knowledge from you all...

Regards

MasterBlaster...

G'day everyone

39 (for a couple of months anyway) been shooting since I was 10 . From the upper north shoot mainly goats,rabbits

foxes and cats and love to get into some deer . Love the sport and the outdoors , looking forward to learning and

maybe sharing some knowledge .

Thanks Reddog

G,day everyone

I have lived in the mallee area of sa for a while but now settled in the Clare valley area with my wife and 3 sons. Live on a 6000 acre farm and enjoy taking the lads out to shoot fox, rabbits, deer, crows. Also now things are warming up enjoy a few yabbies out the dams. Enjoy most things outdoors and often go fishing up river or Yorke peninsula.

Used to make my own mett and sausages when i was in the mallee so looking forward to getting back into it maybe next winter.

Now its summer just enjoying my home brew on tap :D.

Hi,

Been shooting and hunting since I was a kid and will keep it going with my kids when they are old enough. Joined up mainly for the wealth of knowledge within the forums as there are many experienced people worth listening to and learning from.

Thanks

Dan.

Hi Forum!

I did a bit of spotlighting growing up but I finally got around to getting a firearms licence last year.

I have been goat hunting since then, and I am now interested in learning more about my new hobby.

Cheers

Hi everyone!

My name is Jude and I've been hunting for a few years (with varying degrees of success!) I started hunting in nsw when we lived in Canberra and have continued since moving back to South Australia. I love hunting and enjoy being able to show people that hunting is not a gruesome, male only activity for blood thirsty people but instead is an activity of skill, patience and endurance for everyone of all ages and genders.

I enjoy hunting for meat and filling the freezer with lots of tasty meat and creating yummy meals from the meat we have killed and butchered ourselves- although I did catch the trophy bug with my first rusa!

I look forward to reading everyone's posts and being a part of your community :)

Hi everyone, i'm a free range chicken farmer and enjoy hunting foxes and rabbits. Have only 2 rifles so far a .22 Magnun CZ512 and my favourite a .22 lr CZ 455 Thumbhole Varmint. Will be looking to get a centre fire rifle soon, thinking of the Savage Model 12 BTCSS in 22-250 Rem, any advice gratefully accepted, Cheers cz512wmr

Hi I am 62 years of age have always enjoyed shooting, mainly competition pistol shooting. My son has moved to the country and has access to properties to shoot foxes, goats and rabbits. I am looking to purchase a Tikka T3 Varmint rifle or lite, but not sure on calibre .243 or .308. advise or feed back would be appreciated.

Hey guys, new member from Adelaide. Only new to shooting/hunting. We have a small property in the mid north with plenty of rabbits around. We don't want them there so figured would be a good idea to get my license and do something about it. Currently have a cz452 in .22 and a couple of old Lithgow .22's we found in a cupboard a few months ago at my grandmas. They belonged to my grandpa who passed around 25 years ago. We cleaned them up and they shoot as good as new.

Keen to learn a bit about hunting and look forward to sharing some hunting reports/photos.

Cheers