G'day from - SA

Hey all!

I'm 25, and living in Adelaide. I have always wanted to get into hunting, but always thought it would be really difficult to just jump into. I've just applied for my firearms licence, and hopefully within the next year, with some practice at the range and some knowledge gained from you knowledgeable folks at aushunt, i will be able to put some wild meat on the table!

subzeus.

Hey all!
I'm 25, and living in Adelaide. I have always wanted to get into hunting, but always thought it would be really difficult to just jump into. I've just applied for my firearms licence, and hopefully within the next year, with some practice at the range and some knowledge gained from you knowledgeable folks at aushunt, i will be able to put some wild meat on the table!
subzeus.

Just try to forget u applied for ur license as it takes months for u to get the application letter then a couple of months to get into the training course. Unfortunately everything takes ages in sa.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, just waiting until my licence gets posted out it been a long process. Hoping to look around and learn a bit more. 
Cheers

It sure is a long process isnt it. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and went and put in 2 pta's straight away after paying for my license. What are u planning on getting. Im getting a cz452 22 and a tikka t3 ss lite 223. Definitely blew out the budget with the tikka as i went in just to get the cz just couldn't help myself. Next will probably be a 308 or something like that but will probably be in a while now. The worst part is the minimum month wait for first gun purchase.

Hi guys, just waiting until my licence gets posted out it been a long process. Hoping to look around and learn a bit more. 
Cheers

It sure is a long process isnt it. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and went and put in 2 pta's straight away after paying for my license. What are u planning on getting. Im getting a cz452 22 and a tikka t3 ss lite 223. Definitely blew out the budget with the tikka as i went in just to get the cz just couldn't help myself. Next will probably be a 308 or something like that but will probably be in a while now. The worst part is the minimum month wait for first gun purchase.

G'day from Adelaide. Been shooting/hunting since i was a kid (45 now) Let my licence expire 20 odd years ago when i took up bowhunting. Recently gained it again Class A&B, will look at H again down the track. Like 4wding (in a Patrol of course :) ) and camping. Will be purchasing a .22mag, 30-30, 12G and maybe a .303 for nostalgia.

Cheers

Edited by Growla
  • Like 1

Gidday all.  Trav here.  Based south of Adelaide.  New to the sport, but very keen on the ins and outs of firearms.  Would love to eventually learn the art of long range shooting, for now my goals are to master the 22lr and develop my skills.  Just searching for a club to join and deciding on my first rifle.  Narrowed my selection down to lithgow la101 or CZ 452 Special.  Guess just have to select one and go from there.  Starting out with a Bushnell XLT 4-12×40 ao scope.  Should be an OK match for my current ability and intended use.  

Cheers all and happy hunting. 

Gidday all.  Trav here.  Based south of Adelaide.  New to the sport, but very keen on the ins and outs of firearms.  Would love to eventually learn the art of long range shooting, for now my goals are to master the 22lr and develop my skills.  Just searching for a club to join and deciding on my first rifle.  Narrowed my selection down to lithgow la101 or CZ 452 Special.  Guess just have to select one and go from there.  Starting out with a Bushnell XLT 4-12×40 ao scope.  Should be an OK match for my current ability and intended use.  
Cheers all and happy hunting. 

Hey Trav, im Jamie im south of adelaide too. Im new ish to the sport too ive been shooting for over a year but only had my rifles for a month and a bit because as u know it takes forever to get ur license.
I ended up getting a cz452 22 special and am pretty happy with it but because ive got evap air con I will only buy stainless rifles now due to rust I have found that I need to very heavily oil everything. Thankfully i only got a bit of starting rust on the safety catch and sling lugs. Thats my only issue but nothing against the rifle it shoots fantastically with the right ammo.
I have a nikon 3.5 to 9 on my cz but ive got one of the Bushnell XLT 4-12 on my 223 both are fantastic the nikon is a bit sharper but ude expect that from a $400 scope compared to a $250 Bushnell but u will be more than happy with the Bushnell XLT.
As far as clubs to shoot 22s ur best bet would probably be the Wingfield range where u did ur firearms course if uve done it yet. As there is some fantastic old timers there with a wealth of knowledge and are willing to help u out which is always helpful. U can go a few times as a visitor to see if u like the place with either their club guns or u can take ur own just make sure u check their website calendar to make sure theres no competition on the day (usually Sunday i went) as different days different clubs use the range.

Hi all,
Name is Nathan i'm 35 love hunting grew up spot lighting with my dad and my uncle as a kid i mainly hunt rabbits and foxes and few roos under permit and recently bought a compound bow and my misses got a crossbow and gun lic last weekend and also a keen hunter.
Keen to learn so much more as I believe you never stop.
I have a sport co 22 (my dads 1st gun when he was a young lad now mine) a savage .17hmr and a tikka t3 super varmint 223.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all.

New to hunting, but not firearms as such. Was previously a pistol shooter.

Got a .243 a few months back been targeting a few times and keen for some hunting in the near future foxes, goats, some bambi's; figured I would go for an all-rounder for my first one since changing over to rifles to give me the most opportunities.

Live eastern Adelaide