G'day from - SA

G'day Im 14 and a real keen hunter. Mostly under the spotty but I also go ferreting for rabbits and go out with the staghounds after rabbits, foxes ect. At the moment I mostly shoot my 17hmr which does the job but also shoot the other guns 223, 222, 22lr, 410 and shotguns.

Gday everyone im 16 been shooting my whole life and have never known any different. live in moorak S.A which is about 45min from the vic border in the lower south east of S.A. Our(me and dad) gun safe consists of: .303, .310cadet, .375cadet,22-250tikkat3, 2x .22, sxs shotgun, single shotgun and my brother: .223ruger, .22winchester lever action. Do most shooting for foxes, rabbits occasional deer and roo's when the permits are available. most shooting is in victoria and someitmes our side of the border for a few bunnys to eat :P keen to find someone to shoot with on weekends so give me a PM also like doing a bit of 4wd out in the dunes or in some mud!!

cheers tikka t3

Edited by tikka t3

hi guys how are we all.

my name is ryan brown, im from the northern suburbs of adelaide.

i havent been hunting for years now but am looking into getting my licence and beging to hunt for rabbits and foxes to start with.

i used to hunt with my father for wild hogs in townsville qld. but after a employee of my fathers farm was caught growing weed on the back of our property, the police confiscated all the guns my father owned. therefore we havent had any rifles scince.

but i do have a few questions concerning .22 rifles to buy, looking at getting a 2nd hand one in a good condition, my reson for this is i should be able to get one with a scope. been keen on CZ brno and marlin rifles, do you recomend any others.

secondly i was wondering what rules there are to gun storage, im thinking of planning to build my own gun cabinet if possible, from steel, but was wondering if this would be ok, and what sort of locks are needed, ive been looking on the net but nothing is black and white.

also when transporting your firearm to a hunting sight what are the rules, does the weapon need to be securred in a locked up container.

thanks for all your help and hopefully ill be out there hunting in no time.

cheers

Edited by Browny

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hey all

G'day i am from the nothern suberbs and i am a keen shotgun shooter. i am 23yrs old and i am a long life member of para range at golden grove. I do alot of competion shooting but enjoy the odd walk around for rabbits, pigeons etc with friends. Oh yeah i also work at ADELAIDE GUN SHOP! Cheers catch you at our new shop. 212 Gouger St Adelaide.. (08) 8231 35 70

Edited by Ian (A.G.S)

hey,

im adelaide born and bred, been shooting for around two years, .22/.22 magnum and .223 mostly, and just got myself a .303 as well.

i really enjoy shooting and hunting and hope to do a lot more in the future and learn a lot from the forums.

cheers

sagey