G'day from - VIC

Hi there,

Im from NZ, where i shoot Red and Sambar deer, goats, rabbits, Hares, Possums, ducks and pheasants.. Theres normally always something to go out and chase all through the year.

Im currently working on a sheep and beef farm here in South West Victoria. Near Heywood (which is close to portland). There are hundreds of Kangaroo's on the property and im having fun controlling them.

There are also foxes on the property, hopefully this site can provide me with some info on them. I have already shot one, but want to know more about these amazing creatures. And my goal is to get a good skin to take back with me.

Happy hunting.

Nick.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hey my names Kris, I'm from Melbourne and I'm 19.

I have been hunting with my dad a few times a couple of years ago but I lost interenst and my licence expired.

Recentally I have been looking for places where I can find goats and rabbits and am going to apply for my gunlicene asap to start shotting again.

Hi every one , im 29 and have never thought about hunting until my folks bought a property up in the goldern tirangle in victoria, near marybourogh.

my mate has a WWII 303 and brought it up to do some shooting, he let me take a fewshots it was great! i want to get my licence and go hunting for mainly pigs,

i want to hunt pigs cause they are suppost to be more of a challenge. my uncle used to hunt pigs and have seen some tapes on him hunting pigs in queensland, pretty rough! but looks like great fun.

can any one tell me if a .223 will be appropiate or should i go for a different rifle? what about a scope which 1 ? and where can i hunt? in victoria. i am about to apply for my licence,

any help wuld be much appreciated.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi all im danny,im from england but im considering moving to oz,i keep patterdale terriers and like digging foxes i also have shotguns,would be interested in finding out the types of hunting you do over there.and do any of you keep terriers for earthwork over there,the areas i've been looking at moving to is western oz or around melbourne as im in the building trade.HAPPY HUNTING.

G'day,

I'm from gippsland as the username suggests. I live in the bush and my guns are mainly a source of food for me but I shoot for sport also. A have a few guns but my three favourite are: Custom FR8 carbine ( mauser action, CETME assault rifle barrell, and M14 10 shot magazine in 7.62.), Winchester defender 12 ga pump, and Harrington Richardson 22Wmr semmi AUTOOOOOOOOOO. I hunt a lot of dogs (because up here they're a menace :angry: ) but also bunnies, roos, foxes, duck, and sambar.

I am lucky enough to live out where I can walk to shoot any of these on my own property, but I also shoot pests for my mates on thier's too.

I have an uncle in QLD and Loooove shooting pork. If I could afford to fly up every weekend I would!!!

I like talking to other shooters and one day (pipe dream) would love to gunsmith.

That's about it I guess.

Josh.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi guys from NE vic..been stalking deer for about 6 months..very green

Hey tom from central vic here. new to the site. im 24 (25 shortly :o ), been hunting most of my life, used to do a fair bit of shooting just with the shotgun and .22 but gave it up for awhile and used the bow. Just got back into shooting and im loving it. right now just got the .22 marlin 925, and miroku 800w but hope to get a .30-06 very shortly to knock some deer ive been watching over. anyway anyone lives around me im allways looking for people to go out hunting with.

cheers.....Tom