G'day from - VIC

Hello fellow hunters. I'm new to this forum but have been hunting mainly small game for quite some time: rabbits, foxes, hares and the like. I have also been deer hunting quite for quite a long time but time just doesn't allow me to get out enough. Anyway I'd like to start finding time to enjoy getting out more often so I thought this would be a good place to start. Hope to talk to you soon.

hi there, im a new member and im interested in all types of hunting, i've recently got my catagory A/B license and have purchased a cz .22 and also a remington .223.

I held a firearms license in my younger days but had to surrender my bently pump action 12 gauge due to little johnny's buy back scandal. It wasnt what you would call a top end shotgun but when i was a young bloke shearing my way around west aussie it definatley got alot of use, in fact i think the day i bought it i spent more on ammo than the purchase price of the gun.

Anyway i hope that joining this forum is benificial for not only myself but hopefully i can also be of some sort of help to somebody...

cheers....

g'day every one my names clint im 22 i own a weatherby 300 win mag, stirling 22 mag, a single shot baikl 12 gauge, 177 air rifle and just waiting on the permit back for a norinco jw15 .22lr and hopfully soon will get a .204 ruger.

my main interest is sambar stalking how ever im keen to start on the pigs to i have a bull arab x boxer dane bitch named pheonix who is just over 1 yr old she shows a keen intrest but havnt had the funds for a trip away to start her yet how ever she knows what get hold of him where is he and put him up means and she plays up whole sale as soon as the rifles come out for a night of spotlighting lol.

i love the camping side of hunting sitting round the fire with a few jacks and some descent grub and a yarn or 3 well that about does it for now cheers

G'day Everyone im Dan from Melbourne. Never been hunting before but keen to get into it and hoping to learn some more from these forums.

Cheers

hey dan where abouts in melbourne are u mate im in frankston if ur interested we could meet and possibly have ourselves a hunting partner i know of a few good areas that produce some good sambar but never venture to far as im useually alone.

things are a bit tight for me rescently but i try to get out at least a couple of times a year in the cooler months on the deer i also have a place to spotlight foxes and bunnies and am curruntly trying to land another farm with the farmer posibly paying for my ammo if ur interested just give me a hoy on hear and we will go from ther cheers clint

hi everyone,

im from vic im 14 and currently getting the approval of my junior licence and my dads licence my dad is a past hunter and we are both now looking forward to getting back into the sport and get out to blast some bunnies and shot some foxes i would also like to hunt wild goats

thanks

G'day- James from Doncaster. a few hunts and attended a few culls with the ADA. Also a member of the SSAA. 2 hinds one last year and one on the weekend up at Buller. Love stalking and time in the bush espcially if it is out of bloody mobile phone range- lol

Fit and happy to acknowledge I am "the weakest link" in 'my' hunting. Noise, moving too fast or not sitting still for long enough have seen me get honked or barked at but happily I am learning.

I think all hunters and shooters and especailly all shooting and hunting organizations need to work and take actions together to avoid us being screwed by the governement especaily now with the game regualtions sunsetting ( expiring) in 2011. Join a club and make sure they work jointly to make sure our interests are protected.

Hunt hard and have fun- JB

hi everyone,

im from vic im 14 and currently getting the approval of my junior licence and my dads licence my dad is a past hunter and we are both now looking forward to getting back into the sport and get out to blast some bunnies and shot some foxes i would also like to hunt wild goats

thanks

Good on you Verminator- get dad to get you a membership with the SSAA or Field and Game and you might be able to turn a few foxes into some great prizes via the FOXSTOP (see http://www.ssaavic.com.au/foxstop/login.php) .

Hi All,

I have just joined the forums to learn a bit more on firearms and hunting. I will be interested to see where the best places are to hunt and shoot on the South-East side of Melbourne/ Victoria. I'll be getting a .22 and a .308 in the next couple of months.

Speak to you in the forums

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to hunting and am currently in the process of obtaining my firearms licence.

I'm wanting to hunt on crown land and state forests but have found it very dificult to get any good info on where exactly to go.

where is a good place to start things off?

If anyone knows of a good place to go for rabbits/foxes/goats please let me know as I'm keen to get back out there as soon as I've got the greenlight.

Cheers!