G'day from - VIC

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to hunting and am currently in the process of obtaining my firearms licence.

I'm wanting to hunt on crown land and state forests but have found it very dificult to get any good info on where exactly to go.

where is a good place to start things off?

If anyone knows of a good place to go for rabbits/foxes/goats please let me know as I'm keen to get back out there as soon as I've got the greenlight.

Cheers!

Hi Roar

Deer hunting maps on the DSE website give you a bit of a guide. Have a look at http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/DSE/nrenrt.nsf/L...A256DEA00241987

or http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/DSE/nrenrt.nsf/c...750023D375?open for non deer game

Farms are great for foxes and rabbits but you have to spend the time to find people who will allow you to shoot on there property. The SSAA and field and game would be good clubs for general hunting and tha Australian Deer Association for Deer. MInd you deer hunting is the TOUGH and Hard hunting where you may not shoot a bullet more than a few times a year. If you want more action Rabbits and Foxes are the go. Regards JB

HI from tac im still trying to bag a deer this could be the year????????

Good luck GTAC

I got my second two weeks ago. About twenty - thirty days stalking with 2 deer in the bag now. It is hard work, Seeing sign is great- getting Warm, Getting Honked is cool- getting hotter but when you get yours the feeling is outstanding. Good Luck

James aka Pracman ADA Melb branch.

hi to u all from bendigo victoria im nathan i have been a shooter for about 22 yrs basically ever since my dad took me out when i was 8 we use to shoot rabbits ducks foxes ect i have had a reall bad dry spell for the latley so as u can imagine the cobwebs c more action than the shootie or .22 rifle do due to no were to shoot anymore i am new to this site just looking to refresh a few things in my memory and if any fellow shooters in the area know of any properties around the bendigo area i could get land owners perrmission from to go bang a few bunnies or foxes on can u PLEASE email me a name a number cheers all and happy hunting to you..... nathan

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi Chaps and Chapettes,

I am a newbie to the site. I own a Howa 1500 30.06 with a Leupold 3-9 * 40 scope.

I am 51 with a wife and teenage kids.

I have joined the forum with the aim of learning more about hunting in general and what new, you beaut, hunting gear is out there in the market.

see you later :wacko: :wacko:

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi there , my name is George and am new here.

Hoping to learne some new tricks and get some info on certain calibers.

Sharing a story or two as well because I'm sure we've all got one.

Anyway happy hunting and talk soon.

George

Hi All,

From NZ, but been here 12 years now ... gave up hunting when I had the family, but now that they are all grown up I have decided that it was time to get back into it. Hoping to find information on where to go, etc as I am pretty keen to get back into it.

In the process of getting the gun collection back up to the good old days and will been keenly looking for advise on whats currently in and out these days.

Happy Hunting

'Sweet As'

K1w1

How use going

My name is James own a 300 wsm remington cdl love my deer shooting but am still a beginer joined to learn a bit more and hopefully read up on some usefull posts cheers

Hi James- from James- lol have a 300wsm and hunt deer as well (tikka)- lol.

My nick name for myself is the weakest link ( in my deer stalking - lol) Want to come to a A.D.A. meeting and meet some other deer hunters? I picked up a lot from the ada which might be usefull to you.

Edited by Pracman

Boy's the name is Patto,

And from the shire,

Been hunting a little while now, knocked down most things but still waiting for my deer. Seen plently i might add.

Look forward to sharing a few stories.

Hi all,

I'm a newly-returned hunter. I used to go rabbit hunting with my dad when I was a kid and have recently returned to the shooting sports after about a 25 year break! A friend took me deer hunting a little while ago and now I'm hooked. So I'm looking to pick up some tips, etc, from all of you.

Duncs.