G'day from - VIC

Howdy from Point Cook.

Just registered for the site, looking forward to getting into the forums.

Current firearms:

Rizzini Hombra 12guage U/O

Winchester model 94 22lr with 2-7 leupold Vari-x II

Ruger model 77 .223 varminter heavy barrel with Bushnell 4-16

Cheers

Gidday. I'm Paul from Pukerua Bay in New Zealand. I've been fortunate to grow up with hunting in New Zealand since I was ten years old, which was about 30 years ago. I'm also lucky enough to have regular access to some reasonable private hunting ground, which keeps my freezer full of venison. These properties don't hold a lot of trophy potential, but have a healthy stock of red deer, fallow deer, goats, rabbits and possums. My brother and I usually do a couple of Tahr hunting trips every year, and these have become the highlight of my hunting calender. If you've never been Tahr hunting I strongly recommend it, but be careful, its bloody addictive. My son Jack got into hunting three years ago when he turned five and he's clocked up a fair amount of experience since then (although Mum says he can't go tahr hunting until he's a teenager). I also fish, dive and spearfish, with the Pukerua Bay boat ramp about 3 mintues drive away. You can check out some of my photos at

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd473/paul2506/IMG_0489.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd473/paul2506/IMG_0942.jpg

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd473/paul2506/P1250397.jpg

I've signed up to this forum because I'm keen to do some hunting in Australia. In particular, Sambar deer and perhaps one of those fallow with palms like shovels that you get and we don't.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

gday all

I hunt deer foxes rabbits ducks and other bits and pieces.

I got a hunting partner in the form of a hungarian viszla.

looking forward to reading all the posts and adding as well

cheers

chris

Hey guys, I'm a late starter being 37 yrs old and only had my shooters license for 3months. I have a hand me down Lithgow single shot bolt action 22lr and a Brno bolt action 22lr w/ black synth stock, S/S barrel and action w/ a 5 & 10 shot mag. The scope is a Tasco 3x9-40. Ive only shot them twice in the bush at some paper targets but looking forward to getting to the range some time soon and getting to know the rifles. As you can see I'm pretty green at it all but looking to soak up all the knowledge the forum has to offer. Safe hunting. KC.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'day everyone just joined this site and still figuring out how to use it lol

cheers

G'Day friends, my name is Beau. I live in central Vic, between GV Highway and the Hume.. My interests are hunting Sambar and Feral Game. I do not use dogs, I stalk, usually alone. My weapons of choice are Weatherby Mk V SLS in a HS Precision stock, 300 Weatherby Magnum. 3-9x40 Zeiss Conquest in Warne Mounts. My favourite Sambar bullet to date has been the 180gr CT Partition Gold, a very effective projectile. Alas, no longer available as a reloading component..I have 50 remaining. I guess I will use either the 180gr Swift A-Frame or TSX in future. Whichever one shoots and groups best..The 300 Weatherby is an outstanding performer on all manner of game. I would hunt the world with this rifle and calibre.. My new Sambar rifle is a CZ550 American, with a Zeiss 1.5-6 Victory Diavari in Warne Mounts. I am currently testing 250gr projectiles for it. Swift A-Frame, Accubond, Woodleigh PPSN and the Barnes TSX. I am also loading the 286gr Partition. Again I will select the one that shoots and groups. I am very impressed with Zeiss scopes, both Conquest and Victory. I have sold my Swarovski AV 3-10x42 L and my Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40. Nothing but Zeiss for me.. The clarity of the Zeiss in failing light is amazing.. My knives are Svord for obvious reasons. My reloading press for the past 16 years is a Redding Ultra Mag. I have had oodles of presses since I started loading 38 years ago. The Ultra Mag is my favourite..I love our sport and I think we should do all we can to protect it from those who oppose it or abuse it..

G'day all, i'm Joe & have been hunting rabits, foxes, hare's, pigs & goat's since i was 16 ( now 39 :o )& now looking at deer hunting. This will be my first year hunting deer so i am looking foward to speaking to all but mostly deer hunters to get some more know how.

Cheers

Joey :D

Hey guys, my name is Dylan, im 22 and just getting back into shooting after letting juniors expire. so has been a few years. currently own a baikel .22 and a bruno 223 with a new savage edge in 30-06 for a deer rifle/future project to see what can be done in a budget rifle.

here to learn more about deer stalking and improving my shooting, plus hopefully making some new contacts.

Cheers

Edited by djw88

G'Day All,

new to this forum but as a target shooter I've been around a few target shooting forums.

My brother has been putting the hard word on me to take him Sambar hunting again after a looong time away from the hills so being a bit rusty thought I better get informed! :D

Cheerio Ned

hi there my name is steve an im 26yrs old im a keen outdoors person love hunting and fishing im into bowhunting and recently got my shooters licence and also fly fishing and lure casting, hope to meet some new friends and gain alot of knowledge from this ite and pass it onto my 6 year old son. and also get my girlfriend involved :rolleyes: