G'day from - VIC

My name is Ralph. I live in Ringwood, in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne. I really want to bag my first Sambar, and have been twice around the Jamieson and Woods Point area with no luck. I would like to find some buddies to go camping with in that area so I could try again. Cheers.

My name is Ralph. I live in Ringwood, in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne. I really want to bag my first Sambar, and have been twice around the Jamieson and Woods Point area with no luck. I would like to find some buddies to go camping with in that area so I could try again. Cheers.

Am looking for hunting companions to go with me while I chase sambar. I am also interested in pigs, goats, anything basically. I live in Ringwood, Melbourne. I am new to this, and don't want to try it alone. 0428938285.

Hi all, I'm from Melbourne, Vic, hooked on that sweet Sambar chase, been driving in as far as you can get into the good spots up until now, currently purchasing my kit, bit by bit to start backpack hunting, where the monster stags roam! I'm unable to make a reply post as stated, the reply box simply isn't visible, not sure why, probably on my end. Hoping this introductory post will get me into the forums.

• Like 2

Hi all, I'm from Melbourne, Vic, hooked on that sweet Sambar chase, been driving in as far as you can get into the good spots up until now, currently purchasing my kit, bit by bit to start backpack hunting, where the monster stags roam! I'm unable to make a reply post as stated, the reply box simply isn't visible, not sure why, probably on my end. Hoping this introductory post will get me into the forums.

Careful,backpacking csn be addictive and lead to many weekends spent roaming hills

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can certainly see why, I'm pretty much over running into grumpy blokes on the trails winging about hunting in "their spot" :P I'm almost sorted on the gear side, just need to grab a water purification rig, might ditch my recent purchase of a Magellan eXplorist 610 for something, uh, a little more usable? The touch screen is pretty bad and it doesn't seem to want to load the Topo's when viewing at larger scales... $500 down the drain. Going to grab a Moroka 30 75lt pack when the coins allow it. Might even grab a collapsible rod to catch some dinner, although I do enjoy the freeze dried meals somewhat. I just love the solitude, no place like the mountains.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, whelanlad said:

I heard the big ones live close to the fences?

That depends on the fence in question :P , but yes, improved pasture is a hotzone for Sambar, especially places with a water source and a good Zone of Silence or two within around 1km, they love the clover that grows on cleared paddocks and such, its an all you can eat buffet, unless there are cows currently occupying the field, they shit and piss all over the feed and Sambar clear away from spoiled feed. Cant blame them really.

G'day all,

Stu from the Seymour area. Just getting back into shooting recently and I'm looking to start deer hunting in the high country. Just joined the ADA Geelong branch as I spend a lot of time down there and think it might be a good way to meet other like minded people to get out in the bush with.

Cheers

On 10/10/2016 at 11:05 PM, Solid Srag said:

I can certainly see why, I'm pretty much over running into grumpy blokes on the trails winging about hunting in "their spot" :P I'm almost sorted on the gear side, just need to grab a water purification rig, might ditch my recent purchase of a Magellan eXplorist 610 for something, uh, a little more usable? The touch screen is pretty bad and it doesn't seem to want to load the Topo's when viewing at larger scales... $500 down the drain. Going to grab a Moroka 30 75lt pack when the coins allow it. Might even grab a collapsible rod to catch some dinner, although I do enjoy the freeze dried meals somewhat. I just love the solitude, no place like the mountains.

Join the rino650 gang, love mine 

gday all! my names Jake and i was sent this way by grant from samhuntvic who i met up at big river taponga campground. i have been hunting/shooting since a kid just starting out deer stalking with only one week in the bush under my belt at the moment, i am interested in getting a few pack hunts done as well. i own a tikka t3 lite stainless 300 win mag paired up with a swarovski z3 4-12x50. look forward to learning and getting out there and gaining experience.  always willing to take on board any advice and tips. happy hunting everyone

Edited by 300winmag Jake

49 minutes ago, 300winmag Jake said:

gday all! my names Jake and i was sent this way by grant from samhuntvic who i met up at big river taponga campground. i have been hunting/shooting since a kid just starting out deer stalking with only one week in the bush under my belt at the moment, i am interested in getting a few pack hunts done as well. i own a tikka t3 lite stainless 300 win mag paired up with a swarovski z3 4-12x50. look forward to learning and getting out there and gaining experience.  always willing to take on board any advice and tips. happy hunting everyone

G'day Jake, have you got a staffy named petrol?, lol

• Like 1