G'day from - VIC

Hi guys, 

My names Rich and I'm from Pakenham. I'm interested in deer hunting and in fact I'm going for a hunt this weekend. I enjoy just walking around the forest and watching and listening, even if I don't get a deer. My hunting is for the meat I'm not a trophy hunter. Looking to meet people with similar thinking etc. Always keen to listen and learn from others with more experience.

Cheers,

Rich

8 hours ago, Rich25 said:

Hi guys, 

My names Rich and I'm from Pakenham. I'm interested in deer hunting and in fact I'm going for a hunt this weekend. I enjoy just walking around the forest and watching and listening, even if I don't get a deer. My hunting is for the meat I'm not a trophy hunter. Looking to meet people with similar thinking etc. Always keen to listen and learn from others with more experience.

Cheers,

Rich

What area do you hunt for deer, Rich

Hi All,

I live in Melbourne, been hunting for more than 20 years and enjoy hunting small game with my 2 year old GSP. I spend a significant amount of time training my young dog for bird hunting, but always feels like it’s not enough. If any of you out there have similar interests - training your dog and hunting quail - and would like to share costs or have someone who can help with dog work let me know.

Cheers

David

I'm up at Eildon a fair bit with samhuntvic around Eildon Jamison road. I'm in narre

Back to the campsite for a BBQ and a beer with tall tales and high hopes for next week

I may have seen you up there at some stage then. I travel along Eildon Jameson also.

Sounds like good times with the BBQ and beers. Not too many beers these days for me though, especially when I'm hunting.

I'm actually going there tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Hi,
live in Melbourne and looking to learn everything I can to start hunting- rabbits, pigs goats deer,
just applied for my gun license and then will be looking to buy my first gun, I figure a .22lr to start

Spent some time looking for rabbits in state forests but never saw anything- or even any grass for them to eat for that matter,
once I have my license I m thinking of organizing a guided hunt with 'on target' or Dingley Dell - should help teach my some basics

has anyone been on one of these 'guided' hunts? any good

Is it possible to find rabbits apart from on farms?

Hi all,

My name is Anthony and I'm from Geelong.

I'm a keen fox and rabbit shooter and have been for 35+ years. I mostly shoot locally around Ceres/Cressy way. Only 15 minutes from home.

My gun of choice is an Anschutz 1717 in 17HMR with a Swarovski Z6i scope. For night time shooting I swap to an Armasight Drone pro 10x and spot with a Pulsar Quantum XQ thermal. I'm looking to buy my first centre fire rifle soon for the foxes that stay out of range, and wont come to the whistle. Remington 700 action in 204. I'm in the process of buying the components to customise it, and have Luke from Pro Cal, who will hopefully true up the action and fine tune it for me. (If you have one and are thinking of selling please contact me?)

I'm excited to be part of this community, and plan to read and learn as much as I can from you all . Happy New Year, Anthony.