G'day from - VIC

Hi everyone, 33 year old from Melbourne. Been shooting more than half my life. Bought my first gun, a 22 brno when I was 15 years old in dads name. Still have that gun and a 308.

Done a fair bit of rabbit and fox hunting, a little bit of duck hunting and as the wife likes to say, "long walks in the bush with the gun" aka deer hunting.

Haven't taken a deer down yet, done 2 seasons but hoping to get one this year.

Was a member on this site many years ago, but believe my account was removed for being inactive for a few years. Good to be back.

Hi guys, my names Tom I'm a keen hunter and fisherman, mostly shoot rabbits & foxs on property's around home And a couple of pig trips each year.  

Turning my attention to sambar this year for a challenge, that and It's less than a quarter of the drive to chase pigs. 

G'day all, My name is Mark. I'm from Doncaster.

Have a Sako 9.3x66, Sako .204, CZ 452 .22 and also a HW100 .22 air rifle.

Hunt Sambar in the cooler months around Mansfield, foxes, rabbits and vermin all year round. I enjoy night shooting on private property, have a few thermal gadgets to help me out. So, if there are fellow hunters that enjoy night shooting, say g'day!

cheers

Nice, I had the Apex XD38 before I upgraded to the GSCI, the optical mag was a little too low for me for the distances I'm used to shooting. The GSCI is 6x optical with a 100mm lens, am happy to put up some pics if you'd like. I've also set 3 profiles, so basically can chuck it on the .204 for bigger stuff and both the .22's for smaller stuff. I've zeroed the LR for 50m and the HW100 for 15m, close range stuff like rats and anything else i can sneak up on! Yes, it can record video, it has a dedicated port similar to the Apex, just need to get a mini dvr to record stuff, that's coming soon ; )

I got my XQ38 from Germany, June last year, awesome for detection. Now that they have the 17 micron detector its worth getting. The XQ50 is nice too, the newer models have just been show off by pulsar, so that should drive the price down on the existing ones quite a bit

I'll check out your vids in the fox section

Hi all I'm living in Victoria currently but from California, avid hunter over there . Waterfowl, big game and upland. Interested in meeting some fellow hunters and maybe getting to tag along on a few hunts here. Living near Rochester.

How long are you down in Australia for?

You should start a thread of some of your hunts back home (especially the big game side of things) [emoji106]