G'day from - VIC

Hi my name is Paul 

im looking to get into stalking deer. I'm looking at buying a 783 Remington 30-06

G'day Lads, 

I'm looking to get into some long(er) distance shooting, with a mix of hunting as well. Forums are always good place to start.  No licence or rifle yet; but will likely start with a .308.

Officially, never touched a gun. Unofficially is an entirely different story!

Gday All, 

Joining this site to learn a bit more and get some good leeds on tried and tested equipment. All in an effort to fill to the toolkit and make my time in the Victorian bush that little bit more enjoyable. 

Cheers, 

Konrad. 

Hi Guys,

Jake here I have been hunting deer with my father Chris for about 8 years in the high country Victoria, our caliber of choice is a 300WSM and 7mm rem Mag. Where very keen hunters and want to grow our knowledge and hone our skills in the elusive chase. Grant Baker referred me to this page

Edited by Jake&Chris
  • Like 3

Hi Harrison here

do a lot of trout fishing and 4wding in the Vic high country and Otway region, getting as remote as I can.

joining to gather more insight into the type of gear people are using and general chat about getting out there and enjoying the bush.

Yeah, use to get a few fallow as a kid, saw a red once or twice. Unfortunately, the farm sold and moved away... Fortunately the womans from Mansfield.

Speaking of the otway panther... one day after school, got a fair distance away from home on the dirtbike and got stuck on a hill, subsequently ran out of fuel. By this time is was getting dark and I was an hours ride away, so burried the bike under some bark and started walking. 

Got out of the thick bush and nearer to some farming land a couple hours later, still couldnt see a thing but I could hear footsteps as I walked and when I would stop, they would too. Quietly shitting my 13 year old self thinking I was about to be eaten by a panther - old man partly to blame for this - reckoned he had seen one...

Anyway, got to a bit more of a clearing and the moon was shedding a bit more light, turns out the panther was actually a bunch of cows following me along the fence line. Still had to walk half the night to get home though... 

i was chasing fallow down nearish simpson and the next thing i had 40 odd young heifers chasing around me looking for a feed, not ideal stalking for the next 20 minutes, then there was the bloody great big angus bull another time stalking me, ends up it was a neighbour`s pet!!! good luck mate.

Hay guys

New to hunting but pritty keen on hunting some boar and fox, partner and i are currently waiting to do our firearms safety course so we can apply for our licence

missus wants just a .17 or .22 of sum sort pobs a savage axis, and im looking at getting a tikka T3x or browning X-bolt, i also have PSE stinger-x 

Thanks guys

hopefully see ya round some day