G'day from - VIC

Hi there, I’ve just got back into hunting after a long spell. Kids, work etc also lost interest but got the itch again. Had to get my license again which was pretty straight forward just took about three months from start to finish. 
I think I mainly chase rabbits and foxes and I’m hoping to get onto some old properties I used shoot on but I haven’t approached the owners yet. I don’t think it will be an issue? I will go and visit them if we ever get out of lockdown again. The way we are going could be a long haul? Anyway I’m hoping I’ll get some good info from this forum I’m looking forward the the adventures in the future. 

•  
  • Like 1

Hi all. I'm a hunting newbie, very new. I'm getting into it a bit later in life. Spent most of my time either in the water or on it and have exhausted just about all the challenges that fishing has thrown at me and decided to have a go at hunting. A couple of my friends are keen hunters and were instrumental in getting me involved. I love being in the bush , I trout fish in some nice spots that coincidently hold deer as well so it's a natural transition for me. It's good for fitness, backpack camping is something else I enjoy so it's all a good fit really. Looking to get into the Sambar side of things,  lots to learn but I'm enjoying every minute of it. Look forward to talking to other hunters and learning a thing or two hereabouts. Cheers.

Edited by Broadjumper
  • Like 1

Gday all . From Ballarat and enjoy the lifestyle immensely.  I say lifestyle because its way past a hobby at this point , and cannot see it slowing anytime soon haha . Always keen for a yarn, and always happy to learn from others.  Anyways looking forward to the banter and knowledge netting shared around.  

Hi everyone

My 11yo son is interested in hunting (with firearms), so I’m trying to be a good dad and learn enough to be able to make it happen for him when he turns 12 later this year. 

No prior experience and no mates that hunt, so I’m on my own.  Managed to become licensed & get rifles and now I have “all the gear and no idea”!

looking to learn, starting from the basics

On 24/01/2007 at 2:01 AM, AusHunter said:

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G’day all

I’m Browny

I’ve been a keen hunter since a young age , hunting foxes , rabbits and pigs now 44 and always keen to lean more I’m only a beginner at deer stalking and look forward to getting to know members

G'day I'm Mark from Central Vic

I'm friends with Shaun ( AKA ) Browny78 and Ads

Browny and I have spent a lot of time hunting and camping 

I've hunted pigs cats foxes rabbits and fallow deer

New to hunting Sambar 

Looking forward to getting away meeting new people and learning the tricks of the trade