G'day from - VIC

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

GDAY FROM GEELONG, I HUNT RABBIT,FOX QUAIL AND DUCKS AND HAVE STARTED TO HUNT PIGS AND DEER DUE TO THE POOR SEASONS, 1 GOAL IN LIFE IS TO HUNT PIGS WITH DOGS.

Hi Guys,

My name is Matthew and live down in Melbourne. (Friends with Raist 60)

Love hunting but could only wish to get out more often, but working towards that as we speek.

Used to hunt predominatly ducks many moons ago but now focus on Bunny busting with the odd Basil thrown in.

Also interested in bigger game when the occasion arrises and would love to get more into Goats and Pigs.

Have been monitoring the forumns and must say i am very impressed with what i see.

It appears there is a great bunch of guys and girls who are all passionate about there sport and willing to give sound advice.

I can only hope to add some value.

Edited by MattyV

Gday fellow hunters. Tim here, currently shooting with a Weatherby Vanguard 243, and on the lookout for a Browning BLR

Hope to learn a bit from this site and have a chat with a few of you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE at AUSHUNT.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi there, I have joined to see what others have to say as I have a listing as a gun dealer but it meant nothing to me without being able to read what the site is all about.

Graeme Forbes from Forbes Wholesale P/L

G'day all.

My name is Marz,

I live in Laverton Melb. I've been shoooting for a little while now... I own a, Beretta 12g U&O, Savage 17 HMR, Rem 700 VSSF 22-250, Webley& Scott 25cal Air rifle, Tikka M55 308 and a Sauer 200 in 9.3x62 (My pet deer rifle). I love being out there using all my toys. Looking forwards to meeting like minded people to exchange ideas and experiences.

Just joined the site, have been shooting rimfires for a couple of years and am hoping to buy a .223, wanting some advice on which brand to buy with $1,300 to $1,500. There appears to be alot of varying opinions on the Tikkas and CZ 527 in terms of accuracy and value for money? Any thouights.My experiences of CZ rimfires has been excellent.

Gday

My name is John, have been on two deerhunting websites in VIC and saw this site

I live in Melbourne. I started hunting sambar with hounds many years ago and its been like living a dream. Gryphon was there when I shot my first one with an old 45/70 which I still use today.

I will be leaving Aus in January to live in Holland for 3 years. I have a 94 diesel Landcruiser ute for sale. It has done 387000 kms and I wont be selling it with a roadworthy.If you are interested make me an offer or it is off to the wreckers.

Also interested to hear of hunting opportunities in Europe/England. Especially with dogs/ hounds.

Regards John

G'day all,

I've just discovered your forum and after having a quick poke around I have to say that I'm impressed. I've just moved to Ballarat and I'm pretty much a small game hunter. Rabbits, foxes, cats and hares. I currently own a Brno Mod 5 .22LR, 12 Guage Coach shottie and a Gamo CFX .22 Air rifle. Look forward to chatting to you all.

Happy hunting,

Pete.

Gday

My name is John, have been on two deerhunting websites in VIC and saw this site

I live in Melbourne. I started hunting sambar with hounds many years ago and its been like living a dream. Gryphon was there when I shot my first one with an old 45/70 which I still use today.

I will be leaving Aus in January to live in Holland for 3 years. I have a 94 diesel Landcruiser ute for sale. It has done 387000 kms and I wont be selling it with a roadworthy.If you are interested make me an offer or it is off to the wreckers.

Also interested to hear of hunting opportunities in Europe/England. Especially with dogs/ hounds.

Regards John

Gday John,

my question is....why do you leave Australia????

I'm from Holland and i'm going to live in Australia!

If everything is going well my visa is ready in june,so i go there as quick as possible.

But your question about hunting in holland is very easy.

There is almost no opportunity left to hunt in holland,there are almost 17 million people living on this small peace of land.

I own with a hunting combination about 200 hectares and that is a lot in Holland.

The prices you pay to hunt in Holland are very high,I give you an example:

hunting certificate,15 evenings school and 20 practice lessons:about 3000€

hunting licence every year:185€

hunting insurance+membership hunting organisation:120€

and then you need to have at least 40 hectares to make your hunting license valid.

the price per hectare to rent only for the hunt is about 15€ per hectare per year.

it's too busy in holland that's why i leave,to much stress and if your'e on a hunt everybody's screaming at you,killer,mother@#$%& and all the rest.

it's to crowded and everybody is living to far away from mother nature!

but at least I want to wish you all the best in Holland with,i hope, some hunting,but it wouldn't be easy

good luck,

jordy from holland

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Gday

I'm Jordy from Holland and I'm busy to get my permanent visa for Australia.

I'm leaving Holland cause it's to crowded and there are a lot of people who make hunting difficult,like a lot of ministers and people from the government.

Here in Holland I hunt wit a 12 and 20 gauge shotgun for rabbits,hare and phasants.

I got a Krico .22 lr , a Weihrauch .22 hornet and a tikka 30.06 for deer and wild boar in germany.

Hope to join you some time

Good Hunting

jordy

Howdy

My name's Joe & I'm from Wodonga.

I shoot with a Winchester model 70 in 300WSM cal matched up with a 3-9x40 Weaver Grandslam scope & have been stalking Sambar for a few years & recently been getting into the Fallow deer also :)

Looking forward to seeing what's happening around here in the great world of hunting B)

Gday John,

my question is....why do you leave Australia????

I'm from Holland and i'm going to live in Australia!

If everything is going well my visa is ready in june,so i go there as quick as possible.

But your question about hunting in holland is very easy.

There is almost no opportunity left to hunt in holland,there are almost 17 million people living on this small peace of land.

I own with a hunting combination about 200 hectares and that is a lot in Holland.

The prices you pay to hunt in Holland are very high,I give you an example:

hunting certificate,15 evenings school and 20 practice lessons:about 3000€

hunting licence every year:185€

hunting insurance+membership hunting organisation:120€

and then you need to have at least 40 hectares to make your hunting license valid.

the price per hectare to rent only for the hunt is about 15€ per hectare per year.

it's too busy in holland that's why i leave,to much stress and if your'e on a hunt everybody's screaming at you,killer,mother@#$%& and all the rest.

it's to crowded and everybody is living to far away from mother nature!

but at least I want to wish you all the best in Holland with,i hope, some hunting,but it wouldn't be easy

good luck,

jordy from holland

G'day Jordy,

I have to say that Australia is a land of oppertunity for hunters. Where in Aus are you looking to land or settle when you come over, ie Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane?

Happy hunting,

Pete. :D

Edited by Karvethowl