G'day from - VIC

G'day,

I'm located in Gippsland and when I'm not working I'm out chasing game, Having several properties to hunt on I am never short of opportunities to hunt pests or meat for the freezer of which my family and friends love to eat.

From hunting game birds , foxes and rabbits with the shot gun I maintain my shot gun skills with clay targets of which I try to shoot every fortnight.

Current rifles are .22, 223 Rem, 303 British and the 30/06 Springfield.

g,day all,

Name's Matt, from west vic, but living in melb at the moment. I mostly shoot vermin on private land, foxes, rabbits, hares, etc... here to hopefully make a few contacts, and maybe gain access to some more properties.

Cheerz

Where about in West Vic matt?

G'day

I'm from Perth WA, done some hunting over the years and am planning to get back into it after a duration.

Am doing research about calibers as I plan on travelling Aus and want to take the least amount.

Have a lovely dog and hope to make friends along the way.

-Hi all

Im new to the sport but cant wait to get out there and do some serious hunting.

Firearms owned: Weatherby vanguard 30 06 Bolt action

Years Hunting: well two months and no luck so far but cant wait to get some pointers from other members here.

Cheers

Adam

Edited by AdZ

Just saying hi . I'm a keen field and clay shooter. Deer, foxes, rabbits, quail ,duck, and hares . Got 2 x .22, 1 X 30/30 L.R. 3 x 12g. Like to take the video camera with me and love whistling the odd fox and getting it on film.

I'm here to brain theive you guys. But I'll give back as best I can . Cheer and look forwart to making a contribution .

Edited by vicfox

Just saying hi . I'm a keen field and clay shooter. Deer, foxes, rabbits, quail ,duck, and hares . Got 2 x .22, 1 X 30/30 L.R. 3 x 12g. Like to take the video camera with me and love whistling the odd fox and getting it on film.

I'm here to brain theive you guys. But I'll give back as best I can . Cheer and look forwart to making a contribution .

G'day vicfox,

Welcome to the forums. What part of Vic are you from?

Happy hunting,

Pete. :D :D

G'day vicfox,

Welcome to the forums. What part of Vic are you from?

Happy hunting,

Glad to be here and thanks for the welcome . I from the perfect heart of Gippsland.

Hi im nathan i like hunting football and fishing

i am from Latrobe valley

Edited by hunta20

Hello All

My name is Danny and i am an avid shooter from Vic.

I am a member of several US forums and have wanted to join a local forum for a while now.

I look forward to learning many new things from you fellas and enjoy sharing the knowledge so where ever i can help i will.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and i look forward to befriending you.

Cheers

Danny

roddersmcd,

family mostly comes from edenhope, harrow, goroke, miga lake, all around the west wimmera shire. also have relo's in naracorte.

cheerz

matt

Hey Matt, I know the area ok. The Harrow Ball. Went to it a few years back. Mum and Dad live at Casterton which isn't too far from edenhope. Also dated a girl from near Harrow a while back. I also lived in Hamilton for a year and still have family there too. Some good hunting down that way. Im up here in West Wyalong where the land is mostly flat and dry, not like the rolling hills of around harrow.

Hi there

Im from melb

(i do hunt but not much)im mainly drive rally cars

i thought you may like this info

about

can get the new 55w

(wow)never seen anything like this)

12V-24V 55W single beam bulb type HID Xenon Light Conversion Kit

HID lighting improves durability by 10 times as road vibrations can cause damage to halogen filament, but there is nothing to break inside HID bulb. These light sources also produce a blue-white light that is safer because it is closer to natural daylight.

The color temperature is more than 5000K compared to 2300K for halogen. The light output from a 35W HID Xenon lamp is 300% more light than a 55W halogen bulb. The HID Xenon system will also consume much less power from your vehicles electrical system and generate much less heat during operation.

HID Advantages

+ 3X Brigther & more consistent illumination of the road

+ Increases visual comfort & reduces fatigue when driving at night

+ Produces blue-white light that is safer because it is closer to natural daylight

+ 10X Longer Lasting. No need to replace for life of the vehicle

+ 35% less power consumption, thus generate much less heat during operation

you could put 2 sets on and dont have to upgrade anything

im also selling these in an oscar typ spot light(its a wicked spot)

anyway cheers for now

any intrest email me bab0@optus.net.com

Gday to everyone,

I am new to shooting and hunting, I live north east of Melbourne and have finally shot my first rabbit yesterday after using a borrowed 22 for the last 2 years, my excuse is that its a really old gun and I haven't practised with it that much.

Looking to gain some info and insight to assist in the purchase of my own rifle.

Cheers

Gday to everyone,

I am new to shooting and hunting, I live north east of Melbourne and have finally shot my first rabbit yesterday after using a borrowed 22 for the last 2 years, my excuse is that its a really old gun and I haven't practised with it that much.

Looking to gain some info and insight to assist in the purchase of my own rifle.

Cheers

Hey Kingsview,

Congrats on the first rabbit, hope you got some photo's to remember it. I'm sure that after being here for a short while you'll be inspired to hunt more. The boys here will help you with you're first rifle for sure, have a flick through the 'Firearms' thread as I'm sure there's a few topics about that one.

Happy hunting,

Hey Kingsview,

Congrats on the first rabbit, hope you got some photo's to remember it. I'm sure that after being here for a short while you'll be inspired to hunt more. The boys here will help you with you're first rifle for sure, have a flick through the 'Firearms' thread as I'm sure there's a few topics about that one.

Happy hunting,

Pete

Thanks for the encouragement, you are right I can get a hold of enough information at the moment, its great.

Cheers

Hi There my name is gary, from the wimmera as well, forced into retirement due to osteoarthritis so had to give up prospecting, sold my rifles 10 years ago so am now getting back into bow hunting after very many years, boy the gear has really improved !!! am enjoying it, will soon get into the ferals and when i consider i have gotten good enough will be time to tackle some deer, (ran out of venison a couple of years ago !!) look forward to meeting and chatting with people off this site, best regards, gazza

Hi All,

Im kirragc from Bendigo.

Lately I have been thinking of getting back into hunting after a bout 15 years.

Used to hunt bunnies and the occasional fox with shotties and ferrets (seperately) but really wnat to try deer stalking.

More than anything its my excuse to go bush, after 5 years of young kids and business commitments its about time for a bit of a hobby.

So the plan is to get the licence and permits and get myself a cheap .270 spend some time at the range and out in the bush again and see if I can get some Venison inthe fridge.

Last 5 years of bringing up my boys has got me prety skilled in the kitchen and I love game and Pinot.

Went to buy some rabbit the other dat and was charged ten dollars for a frozen bunny. I thought there is a better way.

cheers