G'day from - VIC

Hello Members,

When I was a kid my father taught me how to fish and hunt with a gun.

I have been fishing ever since; more so fly fishing for the last ten or so year.

But hunting dropped off my radar, until recently when I acquired a compound and got proficient by making

a timber framed compressed cardboard target and setup a range in my 20m+ long garage.

Now I find myself researching firearms with an interest in purchasing a shotgun and rifle in the future.

As none of my friends are really into hunting I see this and other forums as a way of learning some things and

maybe finding some people to hunt with down the track.

It would also be great to get some insight into good locations to hunt re both public and private land.

But i imagine hunters are as coy as fisher folk when it comes to prime areas to hunt game and varmits!

Cheers,

Nick

Gday guys my names Jono

Been hunting in New Zealand a fair bit in the past but only recently got my licence here. So far ive got a CZ 452 in .22lr and a Lithgow 1B in .22lr and my new girl in the safe a Franchi Phoenix 12g. Ive spent most of my time on another forum but thought i might check this one out. Im pretty pumped as i picked up a new property to shoot on over the weekend its only a small one but its better than nothing :)

Hello everyone. I've been shooting for about 2 years now, made some awesome mates and had a ball chasing mainly rabbits, foxes and cats. Been through quite a few rifles and now settled on a 1983 Anshutz 1515-1516 .22WMR and a Sako L461 Vixen in .222 for my main shooting rigs. Still also love to pull out the CZ452 .22LR for some stealth subsonic bunnie shooting.

Edited by remo

G'day Folks,

A fairly typical story here - mid 40's, getting back in to the shooting/hunting scene after a (almost )30 year hiatus. Looking to hopefully gain a bit of knowledge from all u good folks who know way more about the sport than I ever will...

Hi all, I don't really say a lot, but if I can help someone out or have a very strong opinion about a topic I'll chime in.

I visit to learn as much as I can from other peoples experiences and knowledge, but I'm also happy to pass on what I can.

I've been into shooting for as long as I can remember but really only just getting back into it in a reasonable sort of way. I've got my 12 year old boy into it as well, which is important to me as it gets him out sharing time with me and into this bloody great country we live in instead of just sitting around with his head in a screen of some sort.

I look forward to this forum being a worthwhile, informative and friendly place to spend some time.

Regards All,

mickn.

G'day

Im 34 ,live in Emerald VIc I have a save age 308 Ziess 3-9x50 and a box of geco express 165g bullets .

I joined this forum to get a few more Ideas from some more experienced blokes as im new to the game .

The 308 was purchased with the intention of supplying meat to my family but the few times Ive been out looking for deer ( tanjil bawbaw area ) Ive had no luck as yet .

Cheers Cam

G'day

Im 34 ,live in Emerald VIc I have a save age 308 Ziess 3-9x50 and a box of geco express 165g bullets .

I joined this forum to get a few more Ideas from some more experienced blokes as im new to the game .

The 308 was purchased with the intention of supplying meat to my family but the few times Ive been out looking for deer ( tanjil bawbaw area ) Ive had no luck as yet .

Cheers Cam