G’day all, Had rimfire rifles for years and recently purchased my first centre fire rifle a tikka 308. I’ve been keen to try deer stalking for years but never done anything about it so nows the time. Came close on the weekend on a red deer on my first trip, but that’s where my beginners luck ran out. So hopefully I can pick up a few tips and tricks from the more experienced on the forum.

Cheers

G’day all, located in the Goulburn Valley, just scored a couple of private properties to go and start my search for casties & dead heads. No gun licence yet but going to start slow & learn as much as I can before that happens

I love a hunt but living in Melbourne most of my shooting is Clay shooting in Frankston.

Earlier this year I got the chance to hunt Samba and was lucky enough to get my first stag and I'm hooked.

Gday from north east vic, chase sambar and fallow, plus a few pests around the farm.

got a litter of GSP pups ready for new homes in a couple weeks, I own both parents who are great dogs

204,6.5swede, 308,3006

• Haha 1

Hey lads

i’m Mitch and I’m from north east vic. I spend my spare time whistling the odd fox or chasing deer around the hills. 
The arsenal consists of tikka .270, howa .223, browning 17hmr and a couple of scatter guns. 
Cheers

Hi All,

I have mostly hunted rabbits and foxes. After a bit of a break from hunting due to the new additions to the family, I'm hoping to get back into it and start deer hunting.

Best regards,

Hi new here,  seen hilldogtv videos and come to the party

from central vic an here to learn more about thermal hunting? if anyone is using thermal for stags

i do hunt pigs with dogs most often

1 hour ago, Pigs Rs said:

from central vic an here to learn more about thermal hunting? if anyone is using thermal for stags

You know that’s totally illegal and completely unethical, right?

30 minutes ago, Duncs said:

You know that’s totally illegal and completely unethical, right?

don't think he means with thermal scope, it's the other thermals

Haha how did I get involved here!

And with that sorta shit 🤔

• Haha 1

Hi all, 

Used to do a lot of shooting growing up as a kid with my old man including Sambar in the late 80s and 90s. Looks like numbers have increased quite a bit since then so thinking about getting back into it.

Cheers