Hey!

Im original from Vancouver, Canada. Back home I spent a lot of time focusing on Deer/Bear and Duck hunting. Im waiting to get my Permanent Residency so I can get back into hunting. Joined the group to hopefully learn as much as I can before picking up the rife again!  

Cheers Erik 

18 hours ago, erik said:

Hey!

Im original from Vancouver, Canada. Back home I spent a lot of time focusing on Deer/Bear and Duck hunting. Im waiting to get my Permanent Residency so I can get back into hunting. Joined the group to hopefully learn as much as I can before picking up the rife again!  

Cheers Erik 

Being Vancouver I'd have thought you'd be spending more time on cougar's. 

Welcome aboard, be interested to hear about some of your hunts back home. Canada is high on my list of places to go. Almost did once, got access to hunt on a property in Manitoba until the game department informed me that even with permission to hunt on private land I wouldn't be able to without a guide. Go figure! 

Hi

Chloe here. Getting a rifle next week and looking to go rabbit/fox hunting with the goal to get a deer in a year or two. Dad used to take me pig hunting, sometimes he used a crossbow. Loved the outdoor side of things. 

Here for some general tips around hunting and also gear etc. 

Cheers

Hey Gents 

How are we all? Hope everyone is staying safe with this covid S***. 

Just a question. I live on the mornington peninsula.

Does anyone have a large property I can come out to and help zero in some scopes ? and teach a couple people how to shoot, no big groups just mates and family. 

In saying that, Only want to use target, not looking to hunt. 

I am ex army, infantry ( that makes a difference for those that know haha ) and I am happy to pass on a few techniques and tips for the use of the property. 

Thanks in advance. 

G'day,

I'm new to this site (obviously)

Been hunting since I was a kid (Ducks, Quail, Bunnies, Foxes, Goats and Pigs). Moved overseas for a while and my shooters licence lapsed and havent bothered getting it renewed...until now. Currently looking at going through that process, however with COVID19 it seems like it may be a while away. However, I feel that this is probably a good time to research and prepare. Maybe I'll get all this set up by 2021...who knows?

The goal for 2021 is to stalk and drop a Deer...so I guess I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Anyway hoping to gain some knowledge (on Deer hunting) and give some back (on Ducks/Quail and pests etc) where I can. I guess I just really want to find a community as I dont have that many mates that are into hunting. So if you're keen on reaching out and you're in a similar position to me...send me a PM...maybe we can learn together?

Cheers

Clint

G day all 

My name is RAMA this is the first time Im posting .

I recently started hunting been out about 17 times mainly In Eildon area haven't got one yet . 

A huge thanks and a big shout out to 2  nicest people I have meet while hunting yesterday in Eildon  ,their names in the forum TRADER ,SAMBER STALKER . 

thanks you both for the advice and unfortunately I did not find the carcass to harvest the front legs . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

G day it’s Gus from Victoria I do a lot of ferreting with purse nets and long nets. Got four good ferrets and have got quite a few property’s I go on. 

On 09/07/2020 at 2:53 PM, Browning LR said:

G day all 

My name is RAMA this is the first time Im posting .

I recently started hunting been out about 17 times mainly In Eildon area haven't got one yet . 

A huge thanks and a big shout out to 2  nicest people I have meet while hunting yesterday in Eildon  ,their names in the forum TRADER ,SAMBER STALKER . 

thanks you both for the advice and unfortunately I did not find the carcass to harvest the front legs . 

The word is out Rama, you need a lighter rifle. Keep an eye out for any AusHunt hunts. Look forward to meeting you.

Grant.

• Thanks 1

G'day i'm Anthony. New to hunting. I wanted to get into bowhunting and look for clubs in the Northcote region. Open to any suggestion on where to start!

10 hours ago, FC 2020 said:

G’day guys, new to hunting and about to purchase my first rifle. Here to learn some stuff.

cheers,

Florian 

Let us know what you plan on hunting and there are plenty of people here willing to offer advice  

Hi there

Im into shooting older 22lr’s. Currently it’s a Voere model 2107 from 1974 and pretty soon it’ll be a Walther KKJ from 1967. 

Keen to check out the rimfire section. 

Cheers

Edited by gorman
Model2107 from 1974 not 1964