G'day from - VIC

Hi all, new to the sport and Australia. Ex British military so no stranger to guns. I have recently bought a Remington 700SPS .308, a Marlin 925R in .22 and a Lanber 2097 sporting lux 12g u/o.

So you can say that I've started big and hopefully have the equipment to cover all types of hunting, rabbits to deer. Not used the rifles in anger yet but planning a range trip tommorow to fully zero. The shotty gets used at the Geelong sporting clays venue.

Hope to learn as much as I can and hopefully get to know some good places to hunt.

Cheers, Taff

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi fellas my name is chris im into all types of hunting and get out as much as possible. Current collection sako L461 .17rem,sakoL461243,Weatherby mark v 257weatherby magnum,tikka camo stainless 300winmag and beretta dt10.

Cheers chris or dukoff (my numberplates).

Hi all new to the site been hunting most of my life starting with small game and now in older years being able to drive on to such things as deer all so i have a love for hounds and hound hunting will hopfully be getting some of my owen soon and if any one maybe able to help me with this please let me no would like to get one that is a bit older to try to help start pups with look forward to hearing your yarns and some pics good hunting regards cinch up

hey all,

i'm matt from geelong been shooting for 5 years. i have a .22 marlin, bruno under over 12g and a small air rifle.

i just came across this forum and hope to find some where else to shoot as the two cockies who used to let me on the places have both recently sold and the new owners don't let shooter onto there properties. my grand father had been shooting on one of these properties for over40 years :(

hey all,

i'm matt from geelong been shooting for 5 years. i have a .22 marlin, bruno under over 12g and a small air rifle.

i just came across this forum and hope to find some where else to shoot as the two cockies who used to let me on the places have both recently sold and the new owners don't let shooter onto there properties. my grand father had been shooting on one of these properties for over40 years :(

Same reason that i sold off my firearms and am starting again now.

Properties me and my father in law use to shoot on have been sold.

Still haven't found any new ones yet but it's been too long without a firearm so i am starting all over even for just going to the range.

Hi all well I'm a newbie to this I have lots of questions on reloading for rifles. Currently I have Five Firearms I like to fish & Hunt mostly Pigs and Vermin and a bit of bush bashing . Ok here goes I have lots of gear that I’ve purchased and so far have been experimenting with it learning all the aspects of basic reloading haven’t actually loaded a round yet making sure I get the basic right before I attempt the real thing as it could get messy if you now what I mean. Some of which is still confusing such as I can't see the difference with a FL sizer die and a neck sizer die particular when I just want to resize the necks only for now. There seems to be no info about setting up the die for just doing the necks I have the RCBS P/N 13530 for .270 WIN the instruction that came with the die doesn’t mention how to do it only about setting up the FL re sizer I’ve been told that a FL re sizer can be adjusted just to do the necks. But what would be the purpose of having a neck re sizer then. It’s any wonder why I’m a bit confused. Anyway hope there’s some out there that can help me.

Happy Hunting

:)

Hi Fellas,

I am new to the site. I owe two rifles currently - a Tikka T3 .308 and a Winchester 250 .22lr

i am joining here so i can learn a bit more and hopefully pick up some tips stalking deer etc.

i look forward to talking and meeting lots of new people and hopefully new contacts.

g day BEAVER you want to no about stalking deer. well im no expert at it but realy quiet steps, make sure the wind is blowing from them to you because deer will smell you and if the deer looks at you just stop stay verry still and its better if you have camo on because they cant se you as well

bill223 >>>*<<<