G'day from - VIC

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi Roy here from Eastern Vic, love chasin those big Sambar!!

hi fellas, i live in vic i have a hunting dog, staghoundXwhippet which i love to take out after foxes, hares and rabbits etc. . . i am looking for a hunting partner around the Geelong, winchelsea, inverleigh, Colac area, so if your interested in going out hunting/spotlighting with either dogs or gun(or both) then feel free to email me, smity03@hotmail.com, or ring me on 0448059489. .

Hi all,

I'm still in the process of getting my license, but live 5 minutes from the range so have been going to as much as i can to work on my groupings so i'll be ok once i get the license and rifle.

Can't wait get my own rifle so I can sight it in and go hunting.

hi my name is tom i live in victoria

i have been hunting pigs for the last 5 years. i ve got one dog which is a gsp cross dane cross bull mastive.

i also do a bit of deer shooting goat hunting and rabbiting but mostley hunt pigs i have joined this sight to

meet new people that have the same interst as me and learn more about hunting pigs from more experience hunters

i ve hunted cape york , nsw and a little bit in victoria that mostly it

Hey all,

chick here from Geelong! I love fishing and now I have some spare time want to expand that into bunnies and deer :) I have three dogs but all they're good for is keeping a 20 meter safe zone around my beer stash :D My OH was a rabbiter with rifles and ferrets a few years ago, also hunted some larger creatures so I'm in safe hands

Gun license is in the works, I've fired handguns before but not a rifle! Need to get the practice up with a .22 when I finally get one!

Cheers,

Julie

G'day all,

have heard about this forum, thought I'd drop in and have a look around.

More into 4bying and going bush at the moment, but wouldn't mind getting into a bit of

hunting, deer stalking in particular.

Live in West Gippy area and try to get out in the bush once a month.

Jok

Hello all

As my logon suggests - the Sambar are my passion. Been around the traps a bit and just discovered this site. Looking forward to reading/participating with like minds.

Gooday Mr Sambhur, are you a Stalker or Houndsman, I stalk myself but due to tender years creeping up, started to think about hunting with a small dog crew, few years yet to go though, have you done much scouting after the fires?

There are significant movement of animals as a result, I spoted 7 with Binoculars not far from one of the fire zones, heaps more than I ever scouted and seen in the years gone by, I think they will move back to some of the older traditional areas.

Hi Roy here from Eastern Vic, love chasin those big Sambar!!
Hello my name is Gary, I love the challenge of a good hunt, mainly stalking those great beasts of our southern forest's the Sambar, mostly hunt on my own as the younger guys seem to shy from the challenge and expect to bag a deer on the first trip, i hunt prodominantly with a 9.3 x 74 only cause I love the bigger calibres...good hunting all, see you in the hills

Hey all,

chick here from Geelong! I love fishing and now I have some spare time want to expand that into bunnies and deer :) I have three dogs but all they're good for is keeping a 20 meter safe zone around my beer stash :D My OH was a rabbiter with rifles and ferrets a few years ago, also hunted some larger creatures so I'm in safe hands

Cheers,

Julie

Nekhbet.......hi5.gif

Glad you could come and join us in the AH forums.

Animalartist ... aka ....'ozzieamstaf' ;)

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hey everyone.

My name is Dimitrios and live south east of Melbourne in Frankston. I'm 25, i've been shooting now for around 10 years.

My first ever job i worked for about 2-3 months at $4.84 an hour, i saved up $660 and purchased my first firearm, and first ever purchase from saving for something!

Its a CZ Brno .22 model 2 deluxe. It has a 6x40 Nikko Stirling scope on it. I've recently just done a trigger job on it as well - lighter and less creep.

The kill count on this rifle is 1 fox, about 12-15 bunnies, a couple of birds and 2 ducks.

This rifle has sentimental value as it was my first purchase ever, and it still looks as new.

I'm in the process of purchasing a Remington 700 SPS tactical (20" barrell) in .308. Putting a Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50mm scope on it.

I hunt foxes, rabbits, and looking to get into other animals too once i get the larger rifle, such as pig and deer and maybe kangaroos.

I generally hunt for food, i'm not a big fan of a huge genocide! but i do enjoy killing...as bad as that sounds!

The only prob is i have nowhere to hunt, hence why i'm joining this forum to hopefully find some fellow hunters to share stories, knowledge and some hunting adventures.

Look forward to meeting you guys,

-Dim

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

HI GUYS

MY NAME IS JOHN AND I LOVE TO HUNT.MY ONLY SUCCESSFULL HUNTS HAVE BEEN GUIDED ONES ON PIGS UP NORTH,GREAT FUN .BEEN TRYING TO HUNT SAMBAR FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS ,NO LUCK YET BUT GETTING CLOSER,THEIR STILL TOO SMART FOR ME.