G'day from - VIC

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi

I'm Nick from Phillip Island. Mainly just rabbits and foxes down this way but I've just got a car and am thinking about heading up north sometime for something bigger.

Nick

Hi. My name is Andrew and I am in Central Victoria. I've got a 12g u/o shotty and 223 and a hornet and a couple of rimfires 22s. Mainly I like to go spotlighting for foxes, rabbits. Sometimes I like to sit off a warren I know and try to drop bunnies at a distance. A few times a year I go out with a couple of other blokes and walk creeks with dogs and chase foxes. All good fun. Happy Hunting. Cheers, Cazza.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Edited by roundy

Roundy here, from melbs. Used to hunt with the old fella, uncles and their mates back when I was younger. Finally got around to getting my licence after many years, and I'm loving it. Purchased a Nice new little cz 22, and a gamo air rifle for a bit of fun. Thought I'd jump up in here, to learn what I can, from people that know. It's a little hard, being new to the sport, getting info out of people that work in gun shops if you've noticed. People down at the range have been especially helpful though, which has been great. Looking at getting something bigger in the future like a 30-06 so I can hunt some bigger game. Can't wait to get out there.

Cheers Roundy.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hello all,

my name is vas and my fiancé and i are about to sit the firearms safety course. we will then go through the process of obtaining licences, permits, etc...

i will have many questions over the next few weeks. i hope that people can assist in answering.

looking forward to getting my long distance shooting skills up to scratch.

thanks in advance for your replies.

vas

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi All,

I'm John, currently living in Melbournes northern suburbs but am building in Wallan. Only had my license for a few years but the sport has really grabbed me. Joined the forum to learn from those more experienced than myself and in time pass on that knowledge. I currently own 2 shotties a .22WMR and am currently rebuilding and a 98 Mauser in .30-06.

I've only shot target so far but am itching to hunt, only problem is i have nowhere too hunt.

Cheers John

Hi All,

I'm John, currently living in Melbournes northern suburbs but am building in Wallan. Only had my license for a few years but the sport has really grabbed me. Joined the forum to learn from those more experienced than myself and in time pass on that knowledge. I currently own 2 shotties a .22WMR and am currently rebuilding and a 98 Mauser in .30-06.

I've only shot target so far but am itching to hunt, only problem is i have nowhere too hunt.

Cheers John

Hey John are you building in Hidden Valley? I have a daughter there,my son in law rang and told me that a sambar spikey was hit on the Hume,crawled into the gates and died in the gate keepers garden..did i want it for dog tucker

Theres a start cob...BTW I have a synthetic stock for a `98 just itching to join your action for sale.

Hey John are you building in Hidden Valley? I have a daughter there,my son in law rang and told me that a sambar spikey was hit on the Hume,crawled into the gates and died in the gate keepers garden..did i want it for dog tucker

Theres a start cob...BTW I have a synthetic stock for a `98 just itching to join your action for sale.

Wallan is about 5 km south of Hidden valley. I'll pass on the dog tucker, And i already have a stock for this rebuild, but thank you for the offers.

Gday all, I have picked up the rifle again after a 20+ year lay off. Still a little rusty. fortunatly the rifle i have is easy on the eye and great on the trigger. I currently own a Browning Abolt 22-250 with a shotgun on the way. Went out today and saw my first fox in the cross hairs, The last one i saw many years ago was not as fortunate as this one. I fired a shot the fox stood still dropped his rabbit he was carring. he made his escape with the noise still ringing in his ears. he came back 5 mins later but soon departed. all i can say is i know where he lives. John

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.