G'day from - VIC

Hello, my name is Mark and I am about to open a new dedicated hunting retail outlet in Drouin called Gippsland Hunting Professionals, hence the name "GHP".

We will be opening the new store on Saturday 10th April at 259 Princes Way, Drouin, all welcome. We have been sadly lacking a hunting store in this area for many years so I hope this is good news for all the hunters in the area.

We have access to a huge range of leading brand hunting equipment and already have a large inventory on hand.

Brands include Leica, Swarovski, Leupold, Khales, Vixen, Stoney Creek, Ridgeline, Hunters Element, Badlands, Swandri, Remington, Winchester, Hornady, Light Force and many others. A great range of knives from many manufacturers will be available. We also sell and repair Stihl chainsaws!

I am a keen hunter, particulary Sambar and enjoy comparing and using optics so please ask for a look through as many scopes and bino's as you can, we will stock plenty for that reason.

Our aim is to provide Gippsland hunters with the biggest range of equipment to suit all budgets at the most competitive prices, please let us know your best price so we can do our best to beat or at least match it!

We are currently in the process of obtaining our ammunition license so unfortunately will not be ready to sell ammo on the open day, should be early May.

We will not sell rifles at this stage, maybe down the track.

Look forward to meeting local AusHunt members soon...

Cheers Mark

G'day im a newbie hunter from vic, I currently only have a 12g Slima. Hopefully I will extend my range soon with a .308. Looking forward to sharing tips with other hunters. cheers

hi looney

welcome

hey all,

17yo female here, pretty keen on ferreting but only just started getting into it.

came here in hope to further my interests etc.

hi vomits

welcome and good to see some females in the sport

Hello, my name is Mark and I am about to open a new dedicated hunting retail outlet in Drouin called Gippsland Hunting Professionals, hence the name "GHP".

We will be opening the new store on Saturday 10th April at 259 Princes Way, Drouin, all welcome. We have been sadly lacking a hunting store in this area for many years so I hope this is good news for all the hunters in the area.

We have access to a huge range of leading brand hunting equipment and already have a large inventory on hand.

Brands include Leica, Swarovski, Leupold, Khales, Vixen, Stoney Creek, Ridgeline, Hunters Element, Badlands, Swandri, Remington, Winchester, Hornady, Light Force and many others. A great range of knives from many manufacturers will be available. We also sell and repair Stihl chainsaws!

I am a keen hunter, particulary Sambar and enjoy comparing and using optics so please ask for a look through as many scopes and bino's as you can, we will stock plenty for that reason.

Our aim is to provide Gippsland hunters with the biggest range of equipment to suit all budgets at the most competitive prices, please let us know your best price so we can do our best to beat or at least match it!

We are currently in the process of obtaining our ammunition license so unfortunately will not be ready to sell ammo on the open day, should be early May.

We will not sell rifles at this stage, maybe down the track.

Look forward to meeting local AusHunt members soon...

Cheers Mark

hi mark hope it gos well for you

Gday all,name is Dean and enjoy rabbit an fox shooting down here in Sth Gippsland.Would like to let you know about the Melbourne Knife Show Held first weekend in May.Details can be found at www.akg.org.au .Click on shows then upcoming events.Cheers,Dean

Gday guys im blake from bendigo, new to the forum,

im here to hopefully get some better tips on where to go for some good rabbit and fox hunting sites round victoria,

i have a remmington 700 vsf in 22,250 and a savage 17hmr thumbhole varmit,

hope to get to no u guys and see ya out there. :lol:

cheers blake

Edited by blakeo

Hey, Names Mason and im 19, living in melbourne. I own a CZ .22 nikle synthetic, .17HMR CZ American and also an AirForce Condor .22 air rifle. First time on the forums, heard great things and wanted to be part in this wealth of knowledge asap. Would love some advice on .223 tacticle rigs, im heavily intrested and need a few shuvs in the right direction before i purchase. Cheers.

hey guys. im 18 years old and just got my full gun license. have had my junior license since i was 13 and been going hunting with my dad since i was about six. we have 7 guns but i have just transfered one into my name as it was my bday present from my dad. it is a Fabarm Gamma Lux. well i hope to meet new people and new contacts.

thanks

G'day guys n gals.. Danny here from Ballarat. Ben a keen hunter for about 12 years but last 2 years have let the dust build up on the ol guns... Keen to get back into it and get rid of some of these damn Rabbits and Foxes all over the place!

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'day my names Evan i'm 19 been into shooting for a few years now my mates got me into it and been keen ever since, i own a savage 22lr and a baikal single barrel.

cheers, Evan

Edited by Evan.A

Paul from central Vic, my son and i are fairly new to the sport of bow hunting, we have a couple of good compound bows, Bowtech Soldier and a PSE Stinger , chasing rabbits and foxes mostly. We are keen to get a couple of decent air rifle for rabbits and plinking. I am thinking PCP at this stage, but am open to some guidance from anyone experienced in air rifle hunting.

Cheers

hey

josh from melbourne here

havent got my gun license yet but going to fill out all the forms this week.

thought this looked like a good place to pick up some tips and motivate me a little more to get a move on

cheers

hey im Dan, im 20and i live on the outter s/e suburbs of melbourne. i'm new to hunting, me old man was into it when he was younger but sadly wasnt interested in it when my brother and i was at the age to start. ive now decided to get into it. i am currently waiting for me licence to come in the mail, has been about 5-6 weeks since i sent it so hopefuly any day now!! (the waiting game really sucks!!!) i want to go after rabbits and foxes mainly first and i plan on getting a savage mkII FV .22lr for my first gun. cheers