G'day from - VIC

Hello All

Just dropping a line to introduce myself.

I'm Tas and I have been hunting for about 25 years and stalking deer for the last 10.

The minister of war has restricted my hunts to mostly day trips. Looks like divorce is on the cards!!!!! But before I do that I thought that there may just well be safety in numbers so I've decided to join the group.

Looking forward to talking to everyone soon.

Spartan351

PS. Always keen on updates of Samber deer sightings and of course secret spots!!!!

Hi i'm Dave from Bendigo I own two guns a .22 lr and a 12 g under and over do a bit of rabbit shooting finding it hard to get places to go . want to buy higher powered rifle for foxxes and would like to try gaots and pigs but unsure of what calibre to buy and where to start hunting , any advice greatly appreciated

Hello...my name is Mark, and Im from California, USA. Just stumbled across this site and thought it interesting. I love to hunt, and one of my passions is calling predators, coyotes, bobcat fox, black bear. I start around Sept. 1st and go thru the winter. Make my own calls. Shoot a variety of rifles and shotguns, but nothing fancy. Great looking site you have here and look forward to learning more about the land down under.

Mark.

Hi guys,

Another Newbie. I am 28, married and work as a accountant. Currently own a Remington 700 in 308win and would like to use it on deer. Have no idea how to or where to hunt. Have only been on one trip. Would like to meet other hunters to become friends with and to learn off as all my current friends are soft tossers that do not shoot. Should be able to attend day trips most weekends and do overnighters once every couple of months.

Regards,

Sam

Edited by SamK

Hi Guys

I am new to hunting and I have an interest in targeting rabbit and fox, I hope that this will be a good introduction to the sport and teach me how to shoot using smaller calibres, these animals might also be somewhat more abundant than more elusive game like pig and deer, easier for a new punter to stumble across. My approach is to start small and learn the ropes.

I have bought a 17HMR for rabbit and a 223REM for fox ... I have spent 6 days in the Wombat State Forest for one encounter with a fox - I had a perfect shot but I was actually just walking back to the car at the time and unfortunately the public road was about 500 metres away in the direction that the bullet would have travelled, hence, I did not take the shot ... it was not safe with the 223rem

Regards

Nic

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Gidday all, my name is John, been shooting for 45 years but have a renewed interest of late.

Love chasing all the usual ferals etc. recently got a new Ruger .17 HMR for the foxes and eager to get out amongst 'em.

Also have .375 Winchester for the Sambar, along with shotty, .303/.22, .22, and a couple of others.

Good hunting to you all.

G'dday All, Im Goran , im new to this forum, currently havent got any guns, but will be getting 1 or more soon! Me and my wife enjoy the outdoors, going camping, 4wding (Go the Rangie), and going out on the jetski, but she doesnt like guns so this gives me a chance to go out more with the boys. cheers guys an girls hope to learn a thing or 2

G'day all,

My name is E and im looking forward to being in your forum.

I am joining to help educate and involve my son who is 14 (and keen as mustard)to learn to shoot.

We go bush as often as we can trout fishing and this is another step to enjoying the our beatiful country.

looking at purchasing a .22lr to hunt a few bunnies.

Cheers

E