G'day from - VIC

G'day,

First hunting / shooting forum I have joined. I have been hunting since a little tacker, although not as often as I like! I just recently shot my first deer, a small sambar doe haha, but she tasted good and I can't wait to get out there and get some more.

Would love a varmint rifle and maybe one day a big game rifle to join my current firearms.

I am also into camping, 4WDing, traveling oz, motorbikes (dirt and road).

Cheers.

Gday all i recently got my firearms licence and went out and bought a new BRNO 452 American Classic in .22LR. Also new to Victoria, living in Geelong and i don't have anywhere to shoot yet apart from at the range at Little River.

Picking up a new Howa 1500 Varmint in .223 on Friday. Hoping to get out an explore Vic and hopefully find some spots closer to home to go chase bunnies and some foxes.

Cheers,

Matt :D

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi everyone

im henry and i live in vermont south,

i have never hunted before and dont have a firearm or bow but

i am interested in hunting and will soon start to learn how to shoot an arrow.

so i just wanted to get some information on hunting and where i could i could learn archery

and what i have to do to get a firearm liscense.

Hey,

I am new to the site, I come from a town in the north east on the murray called corryong where my family own a farm there but currently live in nearby wodonga, I own a few rifles - 22, 22mag, 22-250, 17, 30-30, 30-06 and shotguns, I currently hunt ducks, foxes, rabbits and wanting to get into deer, I also want to get back into fishing so i have joined so i can learn and hopefully pick up some tips, i look forward to talking and meeting lots of new people and hopefully new contacts.

Cheers,

Donald

Hello guys,

I'm Donny from Vic. My mate and I have just bought a Howa 1500 .308 W and are planning on going for a hunt soon... Hope to get a few tips off you experienced hunters.

Cheers

G'day all my name is Jac I started hunting when I was a young fella, lost touch with it for a few years and now I have a son who is getting to that age where all he wants to do is get out into the great outdoors so I figure its time now to teach him the values and responsiboities of hunting and gun ownership. Youve gotta love the Australian bush. Cheers