G'day from - VIC

My name is Tim

I grew up on a farm of 22 acres. Shot mainly rabbit and foxes with a 22.

I want to go deer hunting for my 30th birthday in April and need to find out where I can go, what gun to buy and how it is all done.

If anyone can give me any information it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Hey Everyone,

i'm wondering if anybody can be of any help to me, i'm keen to get involved in some kind of hunt in any forms, i've never been on any proper hunt so to speak before, i've been clay shooting before, and had a go on my friends 22 on his farm shooting rabbits, but would love to learn more about it......

Cheers

Hi there

Just become interested in deer hunting in the last 12months. After having it in the back of my mind as something I've always wanted to do, now I've taken the step and started my search. I havn't done alot of shooting, mainly rabbits foxes and verman. I live in Gippsland and have easy access to deer country.

Looking to find some tips and get info from more experienced hunters.

Cam

Howdy All,

Mark from Melbourne (born and bred in NE Victoria), been shooitng since I was 12 (now 41!), own 4 firearms, Brno Model 2 .22, Lanber O/U 12 guage 2097 Sporter, Luccini SxS 12 guage and Winchester .243.

Shoot on my father-in-laws farm and at Melbourne gun Club in Lilydale. Getting back into clays, hence the Lanber.

Cheerio,

Mark CH

hi all,i'm all about makin foxes dead.17hmr .223w or 12g doesnt matter how as long as they dont eat any more lambs.

Same here but as the user name says i like to see Dogs Gone as well as any other ferrals, cheers Mal

Hi All,

Found this site a few weeks ago whilst trawling around the net looking for other stuff, any way its time to join now, shooting in the East Gippsland area at present on private properties, currently targeting Dogs (ferral), Dingoes, Rabbits (good dog baits) Foxes and just started Deer Stalking, the safe is currently filled with .22 Lithgow Scoped, .22 Mosberg Scoped, .22 Winchester Scoped. .22/410 Savage U/O, .22 Magnum Marlin Scoped, .223 Weatherby Vangaurd Scoped, Laser & 300Mw Cree Spotlight Torch, .270 Parker & Hale Scoped & Laser & 300Mw Cree Spotlight Torch, 12Gauge Single Shot Fully Choked & Finally a Gecado .22 Air Rifle for close range target practice and keeping the eye in and working

Will be watching and reading on the site for any Tips & Tricks that will assist me in bagging my 1st Deer as thats the next one on the hit list.

Good Hunting and Stay Safe,

Cheers to All,

Mal