G'day from - VIC

hi my names dave im from vic i mainly shoot rabbits and foxes and am about to go deer hunting i thought this would be a good place to talk to ppl with simular interests. i currently do not own any firearms but am looking at getting either a .22 mag or a .17 HMR but im not too sure , and also a gun for deer

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'day from jarrad ,

am not sure how this computer posting stuff works ,

I like to hunt small game and looking into the deer scene , just thought i'd say G'day ( if this works)

G'day all, just moved down to Vic from QLD and I want to get back into hunting. I have not held a lic or own a firearm since 97 so I think I will need to do the course first before the Vic police give me one. I am happy to be here at the forum and cant wait to start chating to you all here on the forum and learn a thing or to. I did own a Tikka 17 and did a lot of fox shoting and a Tikka 243 for bigger stuff.

Mark

G'day all, just moved down to Vic from QLD and I want to get back into hunting. I have not held a lic or own a firearm since 97 so I think I will need to do the course first before the Vic police give me one. I am happy to be here at the forum and cant wait to start chating to you all here on the forum and learn a thing or to. I did own a Tikka 17 and did a lot of fox shoting and a Tikka 243 for bigger stuff.

Mark

Moved from NSW to Vic to hunt sambar more often, good to be in Gods country!

How you all goin,

My name is Lindsay, i have been hunting for about five years now maily with guns. (30.30, .243)

I've been hunting for the past couple of months with a few mates with dogs, and now i think it's the only way to hunt pigs. I'm accreditated for roo and pigs so i'm just getting started into dogging, but will always like roo shooting.

Cheers.

hello all, i am from geelong,i am 19 been shooting for a few years now with my dad, i own a few guns 38-55 lever action, bruno 22 and a shotty. really want to start to get more involved in dear hunting. hopefully i will get the chance to get some tips and learn more from other people on the site.

thanks

g-day to all new members

....cheers maddo....

G'day guys, i'm James and hunting/shooting has been in my blood since day dot. Not only a shooter but also collector. Hoping to meet some new contacts and get some tips on deer hunting/stalking.

Gidday, my passion are Murray Curlies. Do any other members have Murray river Curly Coated Retrievers? They were knonas a great little working duck dog but are very hard to find now.

Heya!

I'm 19 and have been practicing archery on and off since I was a kid, want to start hunting some small game and then progress round to dear. I use my friends crossbow and sometimes my recurve bow. I don't use compounds too much because they aren't very portable, as you can't dissemble them. Also don't know if you'd call it dogging, but I take my two whippets to chase down some foxes/rabbits :) That's always fun and it saves me having to take them for a run each morning.

peace :)

Hey all!!!

Joined this site to learn a little more about hunting and to chat with like minded people! I currently own a Tikka .270

I would lke to learn a little more about deer hunting as I am just beginning in the game.

Cheers

Daniel