G'day from - VIC

Hi, I'm new on this site. My thing is wildcats and custom fifles. I'm in the process now of rebarelling my new Browning X bolt .308 with a Lothar Walther barrel. .22lr Unique with a Volquartsen carbon wrapped barrel with compensator. Tikka M55 currently in 17Rem, rebarreling to 20VarTarg with a PacNor barrel being carbon wrapped here in Australia and I'm committed to a new Kimber 84L Montana stainless when they arive here in Australia I'll be rebarreling to 376 Styer.

I've also got a Winchester 70 extreme weather 325WSM but that one I think will stay the way it was born.

Does anyone here have any experience with 376 Styer, personally to me it seems the ideal Sambar cartridge but I can't find anyone who's used one

hello there im stevie from all the way in Scotland just intrested to know a bit about the shooting over in victoria as i may move there in the future. Whats the season? how long does it go on for and what you guys do in the off season?? Over here in scotland our goose and ducks run from 1st sept to 20th feb we shoot Pinkfoots, canadas greylag geese and for ducks we shoot mallard, pintail, teal, wigeon, golden eye. We also shoot pheasants from 1st of october to end of january. Most of the shooting for wildfowl is done along the shoreline below the highwater mark as the shooting there is free in Scotland but inland it is all privately leased. Is it the same in Australia?? cheers

hello there im stevie from all the way in Scotland just intrested to know a bit about the shooting over in victoria as i may move there in the future. Whats the season? how long does it go on for and what you guys do in the off season?? Over here in scotland our goose and ducks run from 1st sept to 20th feb we shoot Pinkfoots, canadas greylag geese and for ducks we shoot mallard, pintail, teal, wigeon, golden eye. We also shoot pheasants from 1st of october to end of january. Most of the shooting for wildfowl is done along the shoreline below the highwater mark as the shooting there is free in Scotland but inland it is all privately leased. Is it the same in Australia?? cheers

Hi fellow hunters,

My name is Jim, and I live in Melbourne. I've been hunting for almost 7 years overseas and a year in Australia now but have bought my first rifle about a year ago, so the main reason to join this forum was so that I could get some advice and ofcourse some tips on good places to hunt for rabbits, foxes and any other pests in Melbourne. In the safe lies a tikka t3 .223 with a whitetail 6-20x50 on it and a savage .22lr with a leupold 3-9x40.

Enjoy this great Sunday fellas.

Gday my name is kamal im from sydney australia. I,m interested in hunting where i use to do it overseas im about to get my gun licence and im really interested in Quail and duck hunting and bird hunting if its allowed so as i said im new to this and i would love if some 1 can tell me how i can get into duck and bird hunting thanx

Hi all,

Enjoy most forms of hunting but I am pretty keen on the Ducks. After this years opening I have decided that it is time to get myself a dog so if anybody is aware of any litters of Curly coat retrievers going, feel freee to message me.

Also enjoy a fish and a ride on the trailbikes.

Regards

Paul.

G'day Fellow Hunters Moved to out to my litltle piece of heaven and can now rekindle my interest in hunting after all these years ... and get my boy interested ... Have a collection of han me downs nothing special and need to buy a decent shotgun, a decent 22 lr for my young bloke and may'be a 17hmr for myself ... The forum is great and i haved learned a lot already no wurries

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Hi All, My name is Maz I have been hunting since a young kid as it has been passed down through to me from one generation top the next.I have just registered onto this website to share and read about each others hunting experiences.

Cheers Maz