G'day from - VIC

Hey every one im hayden

well where to start

i have grown up around guns and hunting as my dad has always had guns and if he was hunting bunnys or deer i was right behind him

learning how to hunt

since becoming my own hunter out shooting bunnies or chasing deer its great love taking my mod 700 7mm rem mag out for a walk

well a roll now as im a parapelgic after a motorbike accident in 2005 but the quad and the 4wd still get me out hunting lucky for me hehe

and now i also run ALPINE OFF ROAD ACCESSORIES

so 4wds hunting camping and quad bikes are my life

and yeah thats me

trophys so far

27 inch samba

26 inch fellow

Edited by ALPINE-OFFROAD

Hi Fellas, I am new to the site. I owe two rifles currently - a Tikka T3 .308 and a Winchester 250 .22lr i am joining here so i can learn a bit more and hopefully pick up some tips stalking deer etc. i look forward to talking and meeting lots of new people and hopefully new contacts.

G'day guys.

Cameron is my name and I'm living in Melbourne. Looking forward to delving into this site, recommended to me by a good friend.

I've been doing some bunny and fox shooting around the Mansfield area. Don't own a rifle at the moment but interested in getting a 22.

Nice to be aboard.

Gday folks, Im in the outer Eastern suburbs of Victoria. Ive had a bit of a lay-off on hunting and guns in general, Ive only recently got my gun licence back after letting it lapse for about 10 years! (marriage, kids, work....you get the picture).

Ive recently picked up a Marlin 336C in 30-30, a Browning BL22 and a Savage 22/20g combination.

Look forward to chatting with you fellas,

Cheers, Scott.

Edited by obe-wan

Hi Fellas,

I am new to the site. I owe two rifles currently - a Tikka T3 .308 and a Winchester 250 .22lr

i am joining here so i can learn a bit more and hopefully pick up some tips stalking deer etc.

i look forward to talking and meeting lots of new people and hopefully new contacts.

Hi all

Hunt with a 60 lb long bow my weapon of choice for the last 4 years

Haven't owned a gun for over 23 years and just re-entering the sport of Rifle shooting.

Love both Rifle hunting and traditional archery

Deer Hunt in the Victorian High country,also hunt around the Dimboola area with my 12 year for rabbits and foxes.

So i'll be asking lots of scope and rifle calibre questions in the coming months…so bare with me

Glad to be a part of your community

Take care

Regards

REDBACK

:cool:

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am based in Melbourne and am just re entering the sport after an absence of nearly ten years. Just waiting on my license to come through in the next 2 weeks.

Have had experience hunting all sorts of Australian game with all different sorts of firearms. Had a massive collection of ruger rifles back in the good old days and am looking to kick off with a new Sako 85 Varminter in 204 soon.

Cheers AJ

G'day folks, although mostly a fishing type of bloke I've come across more than the occasional wild dog recently, and the crap me off something fierce. Hence an Anschutz .222 in the kit...I've always wanted one from my younger days anyway.

Straight shootin' and tight lines folks...

Ewbie

Hi all

Into four wheel driving and single track on trail bikes. Done a bit of shooting at ranges over the past few years. Waiting for my license to come through so I can do some hunting.

Looking forward to learning from you boys on the forum.

Gday,

My name is David and I love the bush and the wildlife around, Because of my faith i have a deep respect towards Gods creation and for me ethical hunting is part of that, conservation hunting such as culling rabbits and fox's to shooting deer for meat etc. I don't like to hunt animals for no reason at all, to me this is a waste of something that we have the privilege to use and we don't want to give any more reason for lobbyists to try to ban ethical hunting/fishing in Australia.

Thanks.

Dave.

HI all,

I'm from Portland Vic, I used to be into the Compound Bow scene, had a 80lb Hoyt but ended up moving on when I ended up working away alot also let my shooters license lapse, no home base etc etc

back home again for a bit and got my license again about to lash out on a 22-250 or .223 to start getting in on some action

look forward to frequent visits to this site for tips/help/advice from like minded people

cheers

Howdy folks, hope you're all well. I've been hunting for a while, lots of pigs & ducks, the odd fox and rabbit. New to deer stalking, which is what bought me here. Anyway, looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say. Cheers!

Living the dream.