G'day from - VIC

Hey All,

Lots of hunters in VIC, not much to hunt!

I do a range of different hunting, i own a range of rifles. I find these days i am usually taking rabbits and the occasional fox, but itching for some pigs or deer. Need to find some places to hunt. Thought i would check out the forums and see whats happening.

Hi all,

Guess Ive been hunting for around 35years now, hunted most of Aus in that time, more a buff, wild bull, porker type of hunter now days with the occasion deer thrown in.

Find it a bit more entertaining when the target has a chance at having a chance to give back the luv.

This time of year is usually spent hunting wheat crops, nothing like watching the grain part as a big boar go's for a run

Hello,

1st time poster here

25 year old big time deer hunter from NZ.

I cant get my gun licence here it sux, i used to hunt every weekend in NZ. I am wanting to get into bow hunting for deer in victoria. Is there anyone who can help me out with info etc. do you need a licence to own and hutn with a bow for deer in vic. Is anyone in here keen to let me tag along for a Hunt???? Is things work out i can organise hunts to NZ on free range private land for big red stags. Hit me up if you are keen to go for a stalk???

Morganthacker@hotmail.com

hi all, from eastern vic - love chasing sambar - stalking or with a gundog

Hey mate, i am a big time deer hunter from NZ, hoping to get into bow hunting here in vic seeing i cant get my gunlicence. Can you give me in info etc regions for hunting times of year?? do you no anyone keen for a hunt i want to get out doing it here in vic>

Kind regards

Morgan

Hi new to the site and back in vic after twenty + years and how thing have change hope to learn where to go and

not to go for a hunt Archery's my thing no noise

Hey archer, Im a big time deer hunter from NZ. i cant get my gunlicence here in vic and i am wanting to get into bow hunting for deer!!!

Cab you help me out with info for buyiny a bow?? would you be keen to go for a hunt sometime and show me the ropes. I used to hunt free range big red stags in nz on private land. and info or leeds would be greatly appreciated.

Hit me up

morganthacker@hotmail.com

Thnaks

Morgan

Hi to all,

Spotlight fox shooting at least once a week is what I do almost exclusively- 2 x lightforce spotties (one rifle mounted) in the back of a Mazda Bravo turbo diesel. Rifle used is a Ruger M77 stainless synthetic in .204 Ruger with a Leupold VX3-L 6.5-20 x 56mm. I use Hornady 32gr and 40gr V-Max ammunition which seems to be a great combination so far. Up until 2 months ago I was using a Ruger M77 stainless laminate in .22-250. It had been a great rifle but was not grouping well enough for the long range shots we are usually presented with in the open country sheep paddocks where I go. I usually deck a few bunnies with a Brno .22 when foxes are thin on the ground from the beginning of Spring until all the young dumb foxes start getting about around mid-December. Have got 51 foxes this year. Usually average about 120 foxes per year off two adjoining properties that belong to a couple of farming mates. We see plenty of other game under the light but foxes are our quarry and all other creatures (except cats) are free to go on their way undisturbed. Deer are spotted every time we venture out but I have no interest in hunting them. Most deer seen in one night is 7. Mostly hog deer sometimes a fallow or two. Once we establish that the eye-shine is from a deer we drive on looking for ferals.

My wife thinks I'm mad when the weather gets cold and windy and I start talking about 'how perfect the weather is for fox shooting'. Beats the hell out of watching bloody TV at home in a warm lounge room.

All good fun.

Hoping to share info on this forum and learn any new tricks from other members. Also interested in other members experiences with new gear- lights, callers, rifles etc.

Cheers,

Franklinsnapper.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

g day all ,

reltivly new shooter.shot ducks around geelong this year and had a cracker off a season.looking at heading up on the rice in a month or so around deni. any advice from previous experiance would be great.

cheers,

kesa.