G'day from - VIC

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi.Im Dan and i've been hunting & shooting for many years now and recently have taken up deer stalking.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Gday Aushunt,

Just found the site and had to sign up. I am looking forward to chating with you all, and hopefully learning a few new tricks along the way. If you see me on give us a yell and Ill say Gday.

Rapid.

Hi people, names Dan, I'm waiting for my shooters ticket to be issued, done the saftey course, should have the licence shortly, then hoping to get some new gear 28 days after that. Grew up around guns, learnt to shoot when I was 4YO, never got around to getting my licence, was too bust chasing wine women and song, as you do, so now at 43YO its time to get back to what I know ha ha ha. Have a reasonable amount of experience on ducks, (on the rice and swamp) Quail, rabbits, foxs, roos when it was required years ago. Looking at getting a Sako Quad and a Sako 308, plus have a nice Merkel and Brno 222 lined up. Also will be after a 12G pump action to do some close quarter work on pigs. Mostly I want to hunt for meat, thus the 308 for deer, 222 for goats and pigs , plus the pump action for the oinkers. The merkel will be for rabbits and ducks, plus I have a line on a nice little 20G for quail and rabbits in long grass at close range. Fully intend to jump back into reloading of everything, except the rimmy of course. Recently retired so looking at doing the whole hunting shooting thing again, I mean a mans gotta have something to do right? If it doesnt break the bank I may get a DTA and se how I go on the range, but have to see how the pennies are holding up first ha ha.

I'm a gym freak, love riding my Hoggly, doing a bit of fishing, chasing women, always have my head in a book, just your usual country boofhead that doesnt take life too seriously ha ha ha.

G Day Guys,

My name is James,just moved to Melbourne 2 weeks back from New Zealand.I just see that applying for a new firearm license is not that easy as NZ,seems thr are more legal stuff to go thru.ref...etc.

I used to shoot skeet..small game... and waterfowl down-under.

Looking forward for the same here in Victoria :) and meeting like minded friends across

cheers

James

hey all , another newbie, finally recieved my license in the mail few days back, now looking at purchasing my first rifle , reckon ill go a .22 ...

ill be hunting rabbits and foxes to start with, just wondering what everyone recommends as a first .22 / what is the best...

my pop has a rifle that ill be practicing with to start with not sure what type it is just yet. any help would be appreciated , just send me a pm on

here , thanks in advanced :)

Ben

sorry for punctuation