G'day from - VIC

Gday guys,

My name is Gary I am Melbourne based & I hunt vermin with .177 Gamo springer air gun, .22 Lithgow, 22 250 Remington VTR and a Boito 410. Also love all outdoors stuff 4wd'ing, camping & fishing (fresh & salt).

G'day everyone, my name's Justin but my friends call me JayJay. I'm 35, and I've been shooting for about 29 years. I've been hunting on and off (mainly off, sadly...) for about the last 15.

Hi Ian,

It's a tough one really as there's no real comparison. While they're both shooting the same pills, they're completely different setups. The Rem is the heavy barrelled police model and I use it as my project rifle, the one I pour my cash into and shoot at the range. The Tikka on the other hand is my workhorse; she's the one I drag through the mountains in NZ running after Tahr. They both shoot extremely well for what they're used for.

At the moment I have the Rem in a AICS stock, it's got Barger Ordnance rings, 20MOA rail and bolt knob and a Leupold Mk4 6.5-20x50 IR scope on the top. The Tikka on the other hand is stock with a Leupold VX-1 3-9 on the top, but for a stock rifle she's amazing - those Fins sure know how to build a lovely rifle.

Cheers,

JJ.

G'day,

Just relocated from East Gippsland to the big smoke, enjoying scouting around new areas for sambar though she's a bit different to what I am used to. Found my first casty the other day.

Had a bit of success on the ducks at Geelong and on the Bay this season as well as a few trips back to the old stomping grounds down home.

Looking forward to winter and deer trips into new areas.

Cheers,

Uncle Ronny

Hi Guys my name is Rod in have been a long time lurker of this site and it has helped me out more than once .I live in dimboola Vic and currently hunt rabbits,foxes and the occasional fellow deer i own a .17hmr,h&r 45-70 and a mossberg bolt action shotgun set up to run rifled slugs soon to purchase a HB .308 howa for some more long range accuracy

cheers Rod

Gday !

Hi my names Andrew and im new to the forum !

From the north east 50 mins outta melbourne !

I hunt waterfowl and pest animals mainly, with aspiration to get good at deer hunting

anyways

cheers

Andrew

where exactly are you from mate? if ya dont mind

Hi All,

From NE Melbourne, near Diamo, new to shooting and hunting (extremely new as in yet to start :) ), fished a lot when I was younger, but not in recent years - but keen to learn a lot from what looks like a pretty good community, with a bunch of info and experience on here!

Howdy one and all

Varmtr In Geelong

Current machines are AIA M10B2 match 308W, Rem700 22250 ProCal built, Brno ZKW465 22 KHornet ProCal built Jeff Slee thumbhole stock, Beretta 687S and a few other standard toys.

Also into 4wdriving, camping, exploring old mines

Cheers

Edited by Varmtr

hey guys

21 yrs old been hunting sicne i was about 11-12 but mostly ducks, getting really into deer atm but its hard to find the time! also currently studying wildlife conservation and bio at uni with ambitions of being one of us on the other side to help the hunting community when i get my degree!

Cheers