G'day from - VIC

Hi,

New to hunting and looking to learn from some of the more experienced members. I just got myself a Remington 7600 .308 pump action which I am hoping will be a good pig & deer gun.

One of the major topics I need to learn is how to butcher an animal!

Dave

Howdy Davey boi,

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. There's heaps of stuff on You Tube, and a very good guide to everything here http://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk/default.aspx

I intend to go to one of the member hunts, and watch/help someone else do it. I suspect that only half the challenge is knowing what to do, the other challenge is being organised with all the stuff you need (bags, fridge/esky, rope hoist, knives and steel...

Cheers

Dan

G'day all,

I enjoy getting out for a shot as often as I can (just like everyone, i suppose), I'm a keen hunter and target shooter.

I normally shoot with my two boys and my wife. To us it's a family sport, I really enjoy passing on my skills to the boys and watching them grow into safe, ethical hunters.

cranno

Hi al....new to the site just alittle about my self and what I hunt im 23 years old and im hooked on fox shootingto me there is nothing better than getting a few mates and doing a fox drive I thinks its the best way to hunt foxes the guns I have now are a ata 686s 12 g shottie and I have a permit for a 223rem but stuck on what rifle to buy ......cheers foxdriver

Hi al....new to the site just alittle about my self and what I hunt im 23 years old and im hooked on fox shootingto me there is nothing better than getting a few mates and doing a fox drive I thinks its the best way to hunt foxes the guns I have now are a ata 686s 12 g shottie and I have a permit for a 223rem but stuck on what rifle to buy ......cheers foxdriver

Welcome foxdriver!

Hi I'm Chip, on here to see if anyone can point me in the right direction or put me in contact with some hunting properties. I am in South East Victoria, wanting to organize a hunting trip with my mates, on some big property where we can hunt, fish camp. But was hoping not to have to travel to Queensland.

Looking to hunt deer, pigs, goats, rabbits & foxes,