Hello from - Overseas

16 hours ago, michael.hua said:

Hi i m from china and very interested to come a hunting trip to au

Hi Michael, I think that it would be very complicated to just come to Australia to hunt. Permits and licensing are different from State to State and then there is the problem of what to hunt and where and with whom. I suggest that you read as much as you can on this forum and get an idea of what your problems would be.

Grant.

Hi
Troy here from South Africa..
I don't actually hunt, never have, I do however enjoy tactical shooting..
Currently looking at my long term options, maybe migrate to Australia, already started selling my guns (both rifles gone sadly), but it would be nice to be able to go shooting once there, clays or even small game..

Not yet sure about where I'll end up so I haven't looked into the licence criteria yet, but I'm certain I'm still a few years away from that anyway..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, breidden said:

Hello from UK. Looking at organising a trip to Australia in next year and thought this would be a good place to gain some knowledge about hunting in Australia. Cheers

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk

Aussie is huge, where are you thinking 

search wonnangatta in the deer hunting, we need some international hunters to come to it 

3 hours ago, Mach Two said:

Hello to everyone. Hoping to go to Australia and maybe Tasmania to hunt rabbits and flyfish for trout. I will be travelling from Ireland. Any advice appreciated.

When are you hoping to travel?

On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2009 at 9:52 PM, Nakihunter said:

G'day. I am from New Zealand and originally from India. I enjoy my hunting and classic hunting rifles like Mannlicher Schoenauers & Mauser sporters - particularly those made before WW2. I have shot a nice black bear (brown colour phase) and a young Mule deer in British Columbia a couple of years ago. I have shot a few Munjack bucks in India in the early 80's with the largest being 4.5" (a very good trophy I am told). I have got a few deer in NZ but nothing to brag about.

I am now saving to buy my first double rifle. I want it to be a classic English rifle and caliber - probably a 450 / 400 or a 450 NE or a 470 NE. All depends on my budget & what I find.

I am off to the South Island in 5 weeks time to hunt Tahr. My main hunting rifles are a 7mm08 Kimber Montana and a Sako Finbear in 280 Ackley Imp. I also have a nicely restored Simson 9.3X62 Mauser which I'll use one day in Australia or Africa on buffalo etc.

I really want to come to Australia for week long hunting trip and would be happy to swap hunting trips with anyone who can take me hunting. Cheers

Naki- hi to you from Canada. I also like to exchange hunts. I would like to swap you a very memorable prairie dog shoot. Good luck on the Tar 

Hello from Nelson, New Zealand.   I enjoy spending time in the outdoors.... growing my own fruit and vegies, along with a bit of fishing and hunting.  I've been hunting for a long time, but I always like to learn more.   So I figured it would be useful to sign up here.   Best wishes....  Stephen Coote.

I'm a professional hunter from South Africa... Been hunting professionally for past 8 years... Wanting to get into the hunting industry in Australia... Roo hunting, vermin control, professional hunting (guiding clients), etc... Any advise would be appreciated ?

3 hours ago, Gorgi said:

I'm a professional hunter from South Africa... Been hunting professionally for past 8 years... Wanting to get into the hunting industry in Australia... Roo hunting, vermin control, professional hunting (guiding clients), etc... Any advise would be appreciated ?

The industry here is small. My advice would be to stay where you are

I'm a professional hunter from South Africa... Been hunting professionally for past 8 years... Wanting to get into the hunting industry in Australia... Roo hunting, vermin control, professional hunting (guiding clients), etc... Any advise would be appreciated [emoji3]
Australia is not like SA in that the vast majority of people hunt diy in Australia.

Mind you I can imagine SA isn't probably the place you want to stay with new laws being passed.

I'd either look at working for a guide in new Zealand or if you come to Australia, consider something else.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seb said:

The industry here is small. My advice would be to stay where you are

Appreciate the feedback ?

10 hours ago, GSPhunter said:

Australia is not like SA in that the vast majority of people hunt diy in Australia.

Mind you I can imagine SA isn't probably the place you want to stay with new laws being passed.

I'd either look at working for a guide in new Zealand or if you come to Australia, consider something else.

Yip... The current situation is becoming emotionally charged and international hunting is down with over 40% in some areas. Farmers are already scaling down and many looking at alternatives with the threat of new laws being proposed... We are looking (as family) to immigrate and appreciate all the input in order to make informed decisions... Thx again for the feedback ?

Yip... The current situation is becoming emotionally charged and international hunting is down with over 40% in some areas. Farmers are already scaling down and many looking at alternatives with the threat of new laws being proposed... We are looking (as family) to immigrate and appreciate all the input in order to make informed decisions... Thx again for the feedback [emoji482]

It sure will be a shame to see South Africa go the way of other African countries. One day I'll do a hunt in Africa, probably wouldn't have been SA as I love free tange hunting but definitely not now, the list of places is just getting smaller.

I think it's the pendulum swinging to the other extreme, australia feels like it's heading the same way sometimes. We're becoming very much a leftist nanny state. All the best mate I hope you can get your family out safe.