Hello from - Overseas

G'day from overseas in the US. I am new to the hunting world and find it very interesting and exciting. I own an "exboarhound" great dane name Thor. I would really like to see these dogs back in action and I was told the best place to find working danes would be in ozzie land. Hope to talk with you all soon.

Hi!

My name is Fredrik and I’m 20 years old and have just finished my one year military service in Sweden as a ranger and decided to full fill a dream of mine, to come and work/practices on a hunting farm in Australia. I finished school with good grades, included both French and English, I do also have basic knowledge in horse keeping and riding.

As you might already have figured out I live in Sweden, Northern Europe. One of my biggest interests in life is hunting and I have been doing so for as long as I can remember. Except from Sweden I have been hunting in Africa (Namibia, Tanzania) and Australia (Darwin). When it comes to my tasks on a hunting farm I can imagine doing a little of everything, from cooking, repairing fences, feed the animals to guiding or anything else.

As a person I am seen as optimistic, helpful and responsible with an ability to think outside the box.

Best regards

/Fredrik

Ps. Please send me an e-mail if you are interested to let me help you!

hi all you overseas hunters good to know we all enjoy a similar i'v been pig hunting for at least 14 years here in Queensland Australia i use bailers and holders but have always enjoyed reading about hunting trips and looking at the hunting dogs in the photos with there prize catch (keeps me from going :wacko: when i can't get away) :D happy hunting

Hello, from the South, Arkansas USA

Hi All,

I'm from the Canterbury region in New Zealand.

Currently working as a full-time Rabbit Shooting contractor on local farms in my area. Also love pig hunting with dogs and deer hunting.

Looking forward to reading some interesting stories on this site.

hi all you overseas hunters good to know we all enjoy a similar i'v been pig hunting for at least 14 years here in Queensland Australia i use bailers and holders but have always enjoyed reading about hunting trips and looking at the hunting dogs in the photos with there prize catch (keeps me from going :wacko: when i can't get away) :D happy hunting

Hi all,

Im a keen fox shooter here in England and i am always interested in how other people control them.

I have seen Andre Georgescus videos which got me wondering how many of you guys shoot regually in Australia.

G'day from across the ditch. The name's mitch, started shooting a while ago with my first rifle, looking to learn all I can from everyone here. I'm mainly interested in small game hunting (meaning rabbits, we don't usuallly get much else :P ) generaly at >100m, and I love a good day at the range as well.

Hello Everyones!

I am 32, i am from Quebec, Canada.

I hunt since i am 15. I hunt Whitetail Deer, black bear and small games.

I hunt with a .303 British and a .20 gauge shotgun.

I am looking forward to go hunt in many countries when i will able too...

I like to help, learn and exchange with other hunters.

Hi, I'm Peter from Western Sydney. I have been collecting firearms and hunting here and in Africa for 40 years. I really enjoy hunting Pigs and goats with vintage rifles, although I have gone a bit modern with scopes, since my sight has dropped back a bit. Look forward to reading about other's adventures.

Hello!

I am from Austria, Europe. I like to hunt boar. I hunt red deer and Sika too.

Especially the possibility of hunting boar with dogs and knives is very interesting to me.

This september I would like to visit Australia - it is on the opposite side of the world.

Maybe we can do somje hunting there.

I have a rifle in 300Win, 8x57is and 376 Steyr.

I have two dogs, a Weimaraner bitch and a patterdale terrier. They love hunting boar too.

Hi all I've been using airguns/bows since for over 15 years, only limited hunting experience. I've travelled a lot, including WA. Could be going back to WA soon. Here I'm hoping to find out about the hunting scene and also the laws because I know they are very strict over there even if you have access to guns not allowed in the UK. I want to know if it's as tough as it sounds. Thanks.

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Gday

I.m in the south east of western Aus. Own verious guns 2x22,22mag, 2xshotguns and have just bought a .243. I have been huntting since i was 15.

Regards coyote

HI all.

I am from South Africa. I am a an active Professional hunter and outfitter. I hope i can learn from u guys about hunting in Aus. Need to go to u and hunt sometime.

Cheers.

Hallo fellow hunters,

We live in Namibia, Africa on a hunting ranch. We entered this forum since it is always interesting to have contact with people who loves nature, the outdoors and hunting.

What is special about our region, is that it is in the centre of the well-known Kalahari. Periods of droughts caused most of the animal species here, to be very good adapted to the circumstances in which they have to survive.

In the meantime... we would like to hear any questions about hunting in Namibia. We will give you "inside information"...

Happy hunting!

Michael

HI Michael,

I live in Victoria, Australia and mainly hunt sambar (deer), which average 250kg (stags). I use an "African" calibre - 375H&H, and it flattens them. The 375 is the result of reading too many books on African hunting, mainly Peter Hathaway Capstick, so I ended up sort of collecting Brno 602's.

You probably know about these rifles; they are a reasonably priced version of a magnum Mauser. I had 3x 375's at one stage, one went some time ago, one in waiting for the new owner to turn up with the rest of the sale price, and the last I'm keeping. That one is one of the early production, with the pop-up aperature sight in the rear receiver/action bridge.

I have 2 others, an 8x68S and a 458Lott. I hope to bring at least one of these rifles to southern africa within 5 years.

My deer hunting is vastly different to the Kalahari. Sambar are usually found in (usually) damp eucalypt (gum) forest, with thick understory. Visiblity is sometimes down to 10yds (or less), but occasionally cross gully shots (200yds) can be taken. The terrain is at best rolling hills, to very steep mountains, the weather often wet and cold (10 deg C) and occasionally, snow.

As for Namibia, I hope to hunt Greater Kudu, Impala, Wart Hog and (if I can afford it) Cape Buffalo. Are any of these available in Namibia? What would you consider to be adequate/recommended rifles or cartridges for these species? I believe the 458 Lott would be the medicine for the buffalo, and the 375 for kudu. Does that sound right?

Look forward to talking again.

Regards,

Randell