Hello from - Overseas

hi all you overseas hunters good to know we all enjoy a similar i'v been pig hunting for at least 14 years here in Queensland Australia i use bailers and holders but have always enjoyed reading about hunting trips and looking at the hunting dogs in the photos with there prize catch (keeps me from going :wacko: when i can't get away) :D happy hunting

G'Day just registered to your site, always wanted to take a trip to your great Country do a little hunting and travel,

I am in Ottawa Canada met some nice people in Ottawa Canada last summer at Connaught Ranges where the world target Rifle Championships where held. I have some photo's of your National team shooting that i will post soon. Long winter this year over 425cm of snow and still more coming

manitou210

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G´day to all fellow hunters,

I`ve just registered myself and would like to intoduce me. I live in Austria/Europe, where i am hunting wild boar and predators mostly.

I`ve entered this forum to exchange experience with fellow hunters all around the world and of course, to gain information and 2nd hand experience as i would like to practise hunting in your beautiful, wide and free continent. I`ve been once for holydays at the east cost together with my family and fell in love with Australia at once, and now i´am getting more serious about hunting.

May be someone of you can give me some hints how to proceed, where to start from, whom to contact to ( i`ve red the list of Outfitters already, but personal recommendations are always very helpful.

I use a CZ 550 30-06, a modified Nagant M44 7,62x54R and a Tikka 223 Rem Varmint rifle and reload my bullets on my own. I´ve gained my hunting experience in Austria, Croatia and Hungary, all of it Wild boar, so if anybody needs information which i may provide pls do not hesitate to contact me.

That`s for now,

Cheers, :)

Gerald

Edited by strela

Gday fellas,

Enjoy your visit, you all come back now, ya hear!!!! :)

Hi AusHunt

I am from South Africa. I normally go on 2-3 hunting trips a year. Our hunting season opened 2 days ago. My first trip wound be next week. We are going up north in the Limpopo province to a small bushveld town called Alldays. Most of the Southern Africa species are avaliable in the area, but the farm we are going to our options would be Kudu, Rooibok (Impala), Eland, Hartebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Plains Zebra & Vlakvark (Warthog). Later in May we go on a 1 day outing to cull Blesbok & Springbok in a breeding herd on the Highveld. Then the big trip is in June. We go on a trip to Gobabis in Namibia. We stay for 10 days on a 40 000ha open fence farm without electricity. We only take food for the first 2 day & after that we eat what we shoot. Avalible species on this farm is Gemsbok (oryx), Springbok, Kudu, Eland, Giraffe, Black Wildebeest, Warthog & you need to protect your kill from Cheetah, Blackback Jackal, Spotted & Brown Hyaena & Wild Dogs.

I am immigrating later this year to Australia & would like to know what is happening on the hunting scene in Aus.

Tx

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Greetings to all, I grew up in and still live in Florida in the USA. I primarily bowhunt deer and hogs, I used to catch em with dogs but property access is an issue here in Florida. I also love to turkey hunt and would encourage anybody to try it. Will hopefully be in Aus. in the near future and plan on bringing my bow.

Hi all, I live in North Canterbury, New Zealand. I mainly hunt Red Deer & Chamois, but also a few Tahr & Fallow Deer. Looking forward to checking out the site and learning more about hunting in Oz, particularly Sambar!

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

hi im brian from new zealand keen on all big game hunting.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'Day from Wyoming. I live in the Mountain West area of the U.S. I am an avid hunter, shooter, and reloader. I hunt Big game such as Rocky Mountain Elk, Mule Deer, and Antelope. I also hunt "Varmint" animals such as Coyote, Fox, Bobcat, and Prairie Dogs, and Jack Rabbits. I am interested in the game you hunt, and your perspective on hunting in general.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi everyone. I am from south Australia.

I have several .22s, A .17 Rem and a couple of shotguns and mainly hunt rabbits and foxes in my area.

I live and breath hunting and shooting and enjoy talking to like minded people about it.

I am currently trying to save my pennys to buy a rifle in .204 Ruger,dont know which brand yet.

So if anyone has any likes or disslikes with brands in .204 Ruger please drop a life for us.

cheers, bayels