Hello from - Overseas

Hallow Down Under, Greetings from Bulgaria.We are a hard hunting nation.I like to hunt wild hogs with smooth bore shotgun (it's a tradition here),wild ducks and geese in wintertime,hunting for grouse and snipe.Fox and specially jackal hunting.I like good knives too.I'd like to learn more about hunting in Ozz.Good luck to everybody and please handle your firearms carefully.

Hi, another Kiwi here, Lifelong interest in firearms and hunting, chasing my youth a bit last couple of years with a renewed interest in the lowly .22 rimfire, having a ball, doing more shooting than I have done for years. Have a particular interest in the early Brno Models 1 thru 5, wrote a bit of an article about the model 2 and 5 on a U.S site, here if you are interested http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212830 It has become a bit of a quest lately, trying to map out the changes made to the Model 2 and model 5 as they went through the 1950's ,60's and 70's, going from Brno to CZ. I would love to hear from anyone with any of these golden oldies from the 1950's and 1960's, most especially if you can send a photo, email me at gunstock@ihug.co.nz Cheers, Paul

Hi, another Kiwi here, Lifelong interest in firearms and hunting, chasing my youth a bit last couple of years with a renewed interest in the lowly .22 rimfire, having a ball, doing more shooting than I have done for years. Have a particular interest in the early Brno Models 1 thru 5, wrote a bit of an article about the model 2 and 5 on a U.S site, here if you are interested http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212830 It has become a bit of a quest lately, trying to map out the changes made to the Model 2 and model 5 as they went through the 1950's ,60's and 70's, going from Brno to CZ. I would love to hear from anyone with any of these golden oldies from the 1950's and 1960's, most especially if you can send a photo, email me at gunstock@ihug.co.nz Cheers, Paul

Hi 35WCF,

Welcome aboard,

The Brno is very popular.

You should start a new topic about your work.

There would be a lot of people interested.

From Minnesota, USA, spend a lot of time skiing in the rocky mountains and I've done a little hunting there. Just curious what the regulations are down in Australia incase I ever go on vacation there, I'd definitely want to hunt a bunch of rabbits. It would be pretty cool if there were no limit on the number you could hunt, they'd make a good extra meal on a backpacking trip. Or just some fun sport shooting if I'm strapped for time.

Edited by AmericanHunter

Hey AmericanHunter.....There are no limits on the amount of rabbits, but each state has quite different laws on how and where you can shoot and on licensing!! Eg: in Victoria, with an appropriate license you can hunt on any private land with the landholders permission or in State Forests and take all the rabbits you can carry/eat, but in NSW I believe you have to have a special hunting license from the Game Council or something.

On another note, I spent a month last year driving across your magnificent country and drove to each coast and loved it. I want to come back and check out your state as well as around Colorado area too. I am keenly hoping I get selected in the Green Card Lottery so I can bring the Mrs and Jr to live some day!!!

Cheers,

Brett

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hello all,

My name is DeanLindon I am a keen stalker here in England,

My daughter has got a job in western aus and my wife and I will be visiting her in november, and i am looking

for some shooting and I was woundering if anybody could help? I am not looking for trophys just cull animals I am more than willing to pay. I have looked at some web sites but they all seem to do trophy hunts (lots of money). Iam only looking for 3/4 days shooting any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello from Wisconsin, USA!

Spent some time in Oz backpacking for three months back in 2001.

I mostly consider myself a trapper (raccoons, ,muskrats, beavers, fox, coyotes, weasels, possums, mink, otters, fishers...well basically anything and everything we're allowed to trap, lol). Also do alot of small game hunting (rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, fox, birds). Like to deer hunt to fill the freezer but not for many other resons. Big game is fun but I get easly bored and prefer alot more variety than what deer offer.

My hunting and trapping partner is my mountain cur dog ,Fionn. Mountain Cur is his breed. He's 1 1/2 years old and will tree anything with fur as well as run rabbits and flush birds. Some say that he runs trash...but I say "if i can eat it or skin it...it aint trash" :)

Really like fishing in the warmer months of the year, too.

Looking forward to checking out your site.

Hope to some day make it back to Oz to buy an opal mine in Coober Pedy and do some hunting or ride along on a dingo line :)

The online forum I hang out and post at the most is Paul Dobbins Trapperman:

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/cfrm

Come check it out if you're interested in trapping throughout the USA and Canada!

-Skunkly-

Edited by skunkly