Welcome aboard, Leegaard!

A better idea for you would be to post these questions up in the General area instead. Not too many people read the "Gday" section so will probably miss your questions.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a hunting queen  moving to astraya ,.......    if yer single an a good shot  i have just the safari for you      haha ah welcome round the fire 

Cheers @WhelanLad, its a bit of work but good fun to put together. Plenty of that stuff happening over here too !

how ya all i'm from ireland.i found this site looking for the pig dog vet on the internet when the boardogs site shut down. very good site it has everything very interested in the pig hunting with

Hi All, I'm from Pretoria - South Africa, hunt whenever I get the chance to (Not as much as I would like to though)

Do a bit of bushpig hunting both with and without the dogs and Warthog whenever I get a gap.

Also do a bit of nightshooting targeting Jackal and Porcupine.

Interested to see how you do things in AUS :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys!

I am from Ukraine. I started hunting this year, and now decided to register here to seek how are you hunting here, in Australia.

Have a semi-automatic turkish shotgun (We have many turkish shotguns in Europe and Ukraine, and in USA as I know. It's very popular because cheap, and have a normal quality. Not good as BBB, but enough for starter).

It's almost the end of a duck hunting season in Ukraine now - temperature at the night often drops below zero. (Oh, do you use metric system and celsius or imperial and fahrenheit? Because I meant below zero celsius). Swamps begin to froze, and it's near to begin snowing. So it was my first duck hunting season. Now I'm preparing for the rabbit hunting (from november to february).

Also I'm interesting in 12 guage reloading. Have an Lee Load All 2. Hope to find something new information.

• 7 months later...

Hi from NZ. I'm a English Gamekeeper working on a pheasant shoot in the north island of New Zealand.

Looking to make fox shooting contacts in Australia, because, God do I miss fox shooting!!!!

Would love to hear from anyone who is interested in the chance to come to NZ to shoot a few pheasants in exchange for serious fox shooting opportunities in Oz.

Great hunting site. Love all the pics.

Cheers, pommiekeeper.

Gday pommie,me and Joefish are heading to the south in November to chase tahr.couple of dedicated fox shooters on here with plenty of pics and stories to enjoy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • AusHunter changed the title to Hello from - Overseas
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, michael.hua said:

Hi i m from china and very interested to come a hunting trip to au

Hi Michael, I think that it would be very complicated to just come to Australia to hunt. Permits and licensing are different from State to State and then there is the problem of what to hunt and where and with whom. I suggest that you read as much as you can on this forum and get an idea of what your problems would be.

Grant.

Hi
Troy here from South Africa..
I don't actually hunt, never have, I do however enjoy tactical shooting..
Currently looking at my long term options, maybe migrate to Australia, already started selling my guns (both rifles gone sadly), but it would be nice to be able to go shooting once there, clays or even small game..

Not yet sure about where I'll end up so I haven't looked into the licence criteria yet, but I'm certain I'm still a few years away from that anyway..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, breidden said:

Hello from UK. Looking at organising a trip to Australia in next year and thought this would be a good place to gain some knowledge about hunting in Australia. Cheers

Sent from my Lenovo A6020a40 using Tapatalk

Aussie is huge, where are you thinking 

search wonnangatta in the deer hunting, we need some international hunters to come to it 

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Mach Two said:

Hello to everyone. Hoping to go to Australia and maybe Tasmania to hunt rabbits and flyfish for trout. I will be travelling from Ireland. Any advice appreciated.

When are you hoping to travel?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2009 at 9:52 PM, Nakihunter said:

G'day. I am from New Zealand and originally from India. I enjoy my hunting and classic hunting rifles like Mannlicher Schoenauers & Mauser sporters - particularly those made before WW2. I have shot a nice black bear (brown colour phase) and a young Mule deer in British Columbia a couple of years ago. I have shot a few Munjack bucks in India in the early 80's with the largest being 4.5" (a very good trophy I am told). I have got a few deer in NZ but nothing to brag about.

I am now saving to buy my first double rifle. I want it to be a classic English rifle and caliber - probably a 450 / 400 or a 450 NE or a 470 NE. All depends on my budget & what I find.

I am off to the South Island in 5 weeks time to hunt Tahr. My main hunting rifles are a 7mm08 Kimber Montana and a Sako Finbear in 280 Ackley Imp. I also have a nicely restored Simson 9.3X62 Mauser which I'll use one day in Australia or Africa on buffalo etc.

I really want to come to Australia for week long hunting trip and would be happy to swap hunting trips with anyone who can take me hunting. Cheers

Naki- hi to you from Canada. I also like to exchange hunts. I would like to swap you a very memorable prairie dog shoot. Good luck on the Tar 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Nelson, New Zealand.   I enjoy spending time in the outdoors.... growing my own fruit and vegies, along with a bit of fishing and hunting.  I've been hunting for a long time, but I always like to learn more.   So I figured it would be useful to sign up here.   Best wishes....  Stephen Coote.

• 2 months later...

I'm a professional hunter from South Africa... Been hunting professionally for past 8 years... Wanting to get into the hunting industry in Australia... Roo hunting, vermin control, professional hunting (guiding clients), etc... Any advise would be appreciated 😀