Hello from - Overseas

Hello from the UK.

As a keen hunter and target shooter I am on this forum to find out what you get up to over there and for any advice for bringing my guns with me when I immigrate next year.

I'll have a read of the existing posts and hopefully get some questions answered.

Many Thanks

Mark

Howdy.

"Goeie dag" [that is in Afrikaans, which is my home language], or, if you prefer it in English, "Good day",

The use of "Howdy" tells me that b.curbin is from USA? Maybe the southern parts? Or is my knowlege of regional use of greeting terms all wrong? :o

Do tell more about yourself.

Andrew McLaren

Hi, my name's Dale, living in the coastal town of Scottburgh in South Africa, been here 2 yrs, prviously spent all my life in Botswana where I did a lot of hunting and owned my own game farm and lodge for 6yrs. My wife and I are looking at moving to Oz, she's a teacher, I'm in construction but would like to get back to working in the bush - could anyone tell me best place to start looking for work in the hunting/lodge industry, I must also look into doing ph licence for Oz.

Cheers Dale

Dale,

With your backgroound and knowledge of running a game farm and hunting lodge, you could very well have huge success as a "Booking Agent" in Australia? Care to take this up with me via direct e-mail messaging to andrew@mclarensafaris.com ?

In good hunting and best of luck with your planned move to Australia.

Andrew MCLaren

Hi from Russia. I've just started hunting recently and now want to know how in Australia it all looks like. Hope to hunt there one day :rolleyes:

Hello egran,

I do hope you get all the knowledge about hunting in Australia that you wish for on this forum. I've learnt a lot about hunting in other countries from this and other forums.

Pity there is no similar forum for South African hunting. As a hunter since the early 1950's and a Professional Hunter for 27 years, I can tell a lot about how we hunt here. But there is no suitable forum at all. If you wish to learn some about hunting in South Africa just send a Private Message.

But do tell all of us here some about your hunting in Russia?

Enjoy participation here.

Andrew McLaren

Edited by Andrew McLaren

Hello egran,

I do hope you get all the knowledge about hunting in Australia that you wish for on this forum. I've learnt a lot about hunting in other countries from this and other forums.

Pity there is no similar forum for South African hunting. As a hunter since the early 1950's and a Professional Hunter for 27 years, I can tell a lot about how we hunt here. But there is no suitable forum at all. May wish to go here to learn some: www.mclarensafaris.com

But do tell all of us here some about your hunting in Russia?

Enjoy participation here.

Andrew McLaren

G'day Egran,

Australia's a great place for hunting!

From rabbits, feral cats and foxes to buffalo with six species of deer thrown in for good measure. We're slowly getting the "Hunting equals Conservation" message across although not everyone is convinced more's the pity. We've got some world class hunting guides here also to take care of you if you do decide come over.

Cheers for now,

Field and Stream Australia

G'day. I am from New Zealand and originally from India. I enjoy my hunting and classic hunting rifles like Mannlicher Schoenauers & Mauser sporters - particularly those made before WW2. I have shot a nice black bear (brown colour phase) and a young Mule deer in British Columbia a couple of years ago. I have shot a few Munjack bucks in India in the early 80's with the largest being 4.5" (a very good trophy I am told). I have got a few deer in NZ but nothing to brag about.

I am now saving to buy my first double rifle. I want it to be a classic English rifle and caliber - probably a 450 / 400 or a 450 NE or a 470 NE. All depends on my budget & what I find.

I am off to the South Island in 5 weeks time to hunt Tahr. My main hunting rifles are a 7mm08 Kimber Montana and a Sako Finbear in 280 Ackley Imp. I also have a nicely restored Simson 9.3X62 Mauser which I'll use one day in Australia or Africa on buffalo etc.

I really want to come to Australia for week long hunting trip and would be happy to swap hunting trips with anyone who can take me hunting. Cheers

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

G'Day everyone from the High Desert of Southern California. I'm retired and hunt, camp and photograph the desert regions of the Southwest.