Hello from - Overseas

Howdy, from the USA!

I like all kinds of hunting, and I'm a professional animal damage control trapper.

Sure am glad to see some of you Aussies are still shooting and hunting!

Krusty wave1.gif

Edited by Krustyklimber

Howdy, from the USA!

I like all kinds of hunting, and I'm a professional animal damamge control trapper.

Sure am glad to see some of you Aussies are still shooting and hunting!

Krusty wave1.gif

Hey Krusty,

Yeah, we sure are still shooting and especially hunting... after all when you live in such a great open country as Australia why not!

So what part of the US are you from?

Sculpty,

I'm from the Northwest, Washington State, near Seattle.

I guess I better try and figure out how to put that info in my profile! ;)

Krusty wave1.gif

P.S. I'm madly in love with a nice girl, from Melbourne, and I am very interested in wildlife work there!

Edited by Krustyklimber

Welcome to the AusHunt website all new members.

AusHunt promotes safe, ethical and humane hunting practice in Australia which is reflected in our positive discussions and attitudes we have on this board. There are many experienced members and industry reps who are only too happy to answer your questions.

Just tell us a little about yourself by replying here to gain immediate full access.

Happy Hunting,

AusHunt Admin.

Hi,

My name is Christine. I am living in the Bavarian Alps (Germany, Europe, South of the "Oktoberfest") and am writing for hunting journals in Germany and Austria. Since more than 30 years I love to hunt, especially roe deer and chamois. Yes - I have been to New Zealand and hunted chamois there. Unfortunately I have not been yet in Australia. So, I want to learn more about hunting and hunters there.

Since I am writing a book on hunting dogs at the moment - I am especially interested in dog breeds and hunting dogs in Australia. Guess this is the right place for me to htalk to all the people who know a lot about these topics.

Servus , Christine

Hey Folks,

This Vladimir from Russia....and I am searching this site to find some basic and reliable information about big game hunting in Australia.

Would you be so nice and send me some basic info about each territory,animals,wheater,equipment...hunting seasons. I am very thankful for any information or advice.

thank you

Vladimir

Hello everybody,

From Texas in the U.S. Waterfowl and Upland bird hunting specifically collecting is my passion. Always been fascinated with the species found in Australia and New Zealand so signed up to check out what everybody is getting over there.

Eric

hello all..im brent from the usa, little rock, arkansas. long time varmint hunter and gun nut, recent night vision addict and all about do it yourself. i have some experience with catch dogs (staffie and pit bull)hope to learn a bunch and maybe contribute a little..

hello all..im brent from the usa, little rock, arkansas. long time varmint hunter and gun nut, recent night vision addict and all about do it yourself. i have some experience with catch dogs (staffie and pit bull)hope to learn a bunch and maybe contribute a little..

Welcome Brent,

So start contributing on the dogs, the dog blokes on this forum just love talking about their extra family members. They will certainly be interested in your experience.

Grant

Hi another kiwi just having a look as moving to Perth and looking to see what sort of hunting that can be done around this area.

Don't move to perth as there is no hunting here the hunting is on the east coast and its far better than in WA and the firearm laws are allot better on the east coast

Another Yank here. Met a few Aussies in Vietnam in the 60's, couldn't ask for a better bunch of guy's to have around.

I'm from the north country, Minnesota and Wisconsin, grew up hunting and fishing. Trapped and did ADC work for Minn & Wisc. DNR's and was on the board of directors of the Minn Trappers Assoc. After the bottom dropped out of the fur market and construction went into the dumpster in the 80's I moved to Washington state and got a real job. Now I do a lot of upland, waterfowl and coyote hunting. I'm a American Kennel Club performance judge, judging hunting abillities of the various spaniel breed. I'm a gun nut/wildcater and as far as I know developed the first 25-204 Ruger, also load for 22-204 and 6mm-204's that I've built.

AWS

Welcome aboard guys.

AWS, I like the idea of the 6mm-204. I guess it is basically a 6x47 by another name though. The more intriguing one is the 25-204. That or a 6.5mm-204 would be great rounds to use.

Welcome aboard guys.

AWS, I like the idea of the 6mm-204. I guess it is basically a 6x47 by another name though. The more intriguing one is the 25-204. That or a 6.5mm-204 would be great rounds to use.

The 6mm-204 would be more of a 6x47 Improved, The 204 shoulder is 30 degrees and moved forward from the 222 Rem Mag case position. This is mainly a coyote hunying round for me, so I'm using light bullets. I'm getting 3700fps out of 55gr Seiras and 3600fps with 62gr Barnes Varmint Grenades out of a 24" barrel.

The 25-204 has proved to be a very nice deer rifle and matches the factory ballistics of the 250-3000 Savage, 100gr Partitions at 2800fps, 85gr Ballistic Tips at 3000 fps out of a 22" barrel.

AWS