Which Spotty

Bullcat

THERE IS ONLY ONE CHOICE.....LIGHTFORCE 240 BLITZ!!!!!!!!!!

the reasons i would give are , they perform well, they weigh bugger all, and they are stronger than Arnie, i had one fall of a ute at 130kph, trail behind the car until the cord almost snapped, and all that was wrong was a busted globe!!!!!!! :lol:

try hanging on to a cibe or nighteater out the window for tens mins and you change your mind

i have had mine now (had one stolen) for the best part of 10 yrs, still going stong, and on its 3rd bulb

for the money they rep oustanding value, and have plenty of acsessories too, filters ect ect

Yeah mate would totally have to agree with deaddog, I've had mine now for around 12 years, replaced more switches than bulbs, but both are relatively cheap so I keep a couple of spares of each.

Use a red filter that just clips on the front for use when hunting foxes, cuts the distance by about 30% but works well.

The weight is amazingly light, we have spotlighted from 8pm -5am hand held with no sore arms or wrists, try doing that with any light, let alone a 240mm diameter one!!!

Would not hesitate buying another one but the way its going I may never have to.....

The other night we used a lightforce 170 and 240, both being brilliant for the task. If shooting alone, or spotting while driving, the smaller one just seems a little easier to use due to being more compact.

When mowing down foxes with spotlight and shotguns, the 240 was a real handful at 80kms/hr due to wind resistance.

I have fixed the 170 a couple of times - does look a little cheaply made, but is simple enough to repair.

Woody_rod

Ok gang light force is great but what are they worth both hand held and roof mount

1S1K ((0))

I recently bought a 170 Hand Held for $120 and a 240 Hand Held a year ago for around $140 here in SA. But like everything else, prices will vary from place to place.

Light Force are always prompt to reply to questions via email.

If you wanted a hand held, a lightforce is quite good, but the question was a roof mount light, and depending on how serious a shooter you are? you could go either lightforce or powerbeam, but for mine i cant go past a nighteater. There roughly 3 times the price of the others but for the serious shooter there worth every cent ...foxy

i also have a lightforce 240 and with any spotty there is the good and the bad

the good

they are very light

have an excellent beam

the beam is adjustable from spot to flood

cost about $155.00 6 months ago

i can go on for ages

the bad

if you dont put a filter cover on (clear or coloured) the wind as you drive can make it hard to hold steady hence you can get a mount for it as you asked

it could do with a longer cord

thats my 2 cents

cheers

bullcat, your choice is either a powabeam, or lightforce then

they both have their pros and cons

i have a 11in powabeam here, it is the brightest light ive seen to date, pisses on my lightforce lights, and i have 4 of them. the reason i have 4 is because your better off buying a new unit then replacing the clear lense when they get too scratched, as they nearly cost the same

lightforce lenses scratch, and with the scratches yoru light quality drops, and after a year of use you will notice

i havent used the powabeam heaps, so havent found any niggling bits about it yet, other then its big, and driving a long distance with it woudl be painful due to wind resistance.

I have had a Powa Beam 9" spoty for nealy 15 years, original glob, never a problem, & it gets used about 1.5 months of night spotting every year, adding my trips away.

I use it hand held & attached to the roof of my shooting car. It dose get knocked around abit chasing pigs across stubble & cultivation fields. I did own a lightforce for a time, but I had it attached to the top of my .270, it kept poping the globs out all the time. :P LOL. Not a bad light though.

If you go out occasionally the lightforce is allright, but for buisiness, I like the Powa Beam.

Just got a 240 blitz and remote unit $330 out of Melb.

1S1K ((0))

No use me buying a nighteater i can't shoot that far :lol:

useless lol

i might grab one of them just so i can sniper water buffalo with my .177 air rifle at night time lol are they powerful enough so i can see from central qld to northern territory lol