Hunting Back Packs

Hi all,

I was wondering what brand and size back pack you all use and where you bought it from?

Cheers

Jim Allen & Sons make the best Daypacks for deer they are 35 lt and have a fleece type material on the outside which is nice and quite when brushing up against trees when stalking no zips just a drawstring also nice and quite. They are in Vic and cost $87 each.

I've got a Ridgeline something something. Good pack, lots of inside pockets for storing all those small items, quiet material on the exterior....Only problem is it's got a bloody velcro strip on the top of the flap - every time you open it makes this horrible sound <_< Might cut it out soon...

We've also got one like Rono's - great pack, quiet, simple, very functional. Only thing I'd like to see is a couple of small pockets on the inside and it would be PERFECT.

G'Day Phil

Get rid of that Velcro mate if you are hunting deer and replace it with a press stud

I have got 6 pockets in the pack but i reckon you end up just filling the pockets with stuff you dont realy need when on day trips. 3 Pockets would be perfect IMHO.

PS I nearly brought the ridgeline pack as i reckon they are a top Daypack

Will do soon mate. It's not so bad when hunting in open country, just the thick stuff.

Apart from that they are pretty good, it also has a mouldable frame that holds the pack off your back a bit which prevents sweating in warm weather. Never had any problems in rain either....not that it rains a lot anyway :unsure:

I use my army supplied backpack sometimes. it can be bought through ebay and usual camping suppliers. It is a 60 litre SALA AUSCAM pack with heaps of pockets, nothing that makes noise on the outside, no velcro, and mostly strong plastic buckles and clips. Is very comfortable. An Alice pack is probably better for longer bush trips, or where hiking over uneven terrain.

Woody_rod

Jim Allen & Sons make the best Daypacks for deer they are 35 lt and have a fleece type material on the outside which is nice and quite when brushing up against trees when stalking no zips just a drawstring also nice and quite. They are in Vic and cost $87 each.

He's right I have had the large Terry Allen pack for at least 15 years and its still going strong.

g'day

as good as all the brands mentioned are all i use is a puma backpack in camo style it has 4 cosealed pockets and two big pockets on the sides which can fit a 1.25L bottle of water in each.

it has a draw string with button lock and waterproof vinly on the outside.it is perfect for hunting i wouldn't suggest it for victoria though it would be a bit noisy for the thick scrub.it cost me $40 and has lasted 3years.

cheers

i got a jim allen pack last week and found it very comfortable to wear and quiet in the bush and i will get a small (15 lt) pack for my son in a few weeks.

i got a jim allen pack last week and found it very comfortable to wear and quiet in the bush and i will get a small (15 lt) pack for my son in a few weeks.

Good to hear mate you wont look back..... Hows the hunting going

I use the Day Pack from Stoney Creek.It has 15l capacity,and is able to take a water bladder.It is a good size for me,as I also wear a Ridgeline 5 pocket bum bag.This way I don't need to drop the pack every time I need something,and can keep food and other things close to hand.

Were can you buy the Jim allen backpacks from any pictures or websites available

Whats the contact details for jim allen

Cheers

Len

i've had my jim allan pack 14 years now, and will probably out last me.

it's the smaller version, so thers very little crap in there that i don't need.

Good to hear mate you wont look back..... Hows the hunting going

yeah good i saw one last week so i hope to get back out soon, and thanks the pack is great.