TRACKING SYSTEMS

maddo

G-DAY......................

I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A TRACKING SYSTEM AND I HAVE NARROWED IT DOWN TO TWO BRANDS -

TRACKER CLASSIC, AND WILDLIFE TRACKING EQUIPMENT, SO IF ANY ONE HAS ANY

EXPERIENCE WITH THESE BRANDS OR OTHERS I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT THEM, I NEED THEM

TO BE GOOD IN PINES AND THICK MOUNTAINS AS WELL AS THE FLAT COUNTRY OUT WEST......

.................CHEERS MADDO.................

I have tracker maxima receiver with wildlife collars. I don't use mine that much to know. I did a bit of research when I was looking at getting some and I was told the alloy collars can be damaged easier than the plastic cased collars, I haven't witnessed this but that was the main reason why I got wildlife collars. The plastic casing has held up really well and have cop some minor hits so I'm happy with their performance. A lot of people do say that some are easier to use than other brands but I think its how well a person can use it - like I said I don't use mine often enough to know. Also I have been told to use headphones with the tracker brand - I haven't done this as yet but the size is the thing I like - a lot of it is personal choice. I think the important thing to remember is that it is not a gps, it only gives you a direction on where your dog is. The only thing that I am not happy with the tracker maxima is that if you are not actively using it, after 3 minutes (I think) it will turn itself off and you can't change this setting, this can be a pain but I suppose its better than finding out you don't have any battery power left. Oh one other thing, make sure that when you do get one, carry it in a bum bag or a bag that is very secure as people have lost theirs after the stitching on the loop on the belt pouch has come undun. Good luck.

thanks.....

i have just talked to our local hunting supplier and he swears by the wildlife trx 16 so ill be ordering one of them in the next few weeks,

...maddo....

thats what i use up here in the rainforest and mountains afew of my friends have other brands and my is still trackin the dogs long after the other ones go out of range only down side is the recever is abit bigger than the rest and get caught up in real thick stuff

how long do the rechargeable batteries last in the receiver ? (wildlife) are they something that need to be replaced every few years or lose capacity to fully charge after some years.

also would love to find a product that let you know how much charge is in your collars?

maddo,stick to tracker classics,i just bought a set & they work great in mountains & flat country once u get use to them,which dosen't take long.your hunting supplier might only sell wildlifes? theres a set i see on sight, as new that seems good value, i think he's only asking $1100 ono worth a look, jocko

.....G-DAY.....

..........I THINK THE TRX 16 IS THE WAY TO GO..........

thanks heaps again........................

.....maddo.....

maddo,stick to tracker classics,i just bought a set & they work great in mountains & flat country once u get use to them,which dosen't take long.your hunting supplier might only sell wildlifes? theres a set i see on sight, as new that seems good value, i think he's only asking $1100 ono worth a look, jocko

I'd have a good look at the Contact Pro.

• Confused 1

the collars are all pretty same, its the recievers that make the diff. im pretty sure the trx 16 is over kill mate, i think it tracks like 20 dogs?

the next one down is cheaper but most people now seem to be heading to the sniffer for ease of use.

still your $$$ = your choice

and i think your local guy is the pigdog supplies guy isint it?

if so he wouldnt lead you astray so good luck with it all.

hi guys

this my input and only my opinion

majority of people enquire about the wildlife gear,it is a good unit.

but why is it a good unit??, i believe that all the higher priced ones are virtually

equal, it comes down to experience with using them and how well you know

your dogs.

i have been talking to a fella in nth qld who isin the market for a set ,he was keen to buy one brand

because of its capability but opted for another brand because of its robust material.

it all comes down to what suits you best.

wildlife has the strength and durability

contact pro has the range being a UHF frequancy that others don't

i also believe that alot of brands have been labled wrongly simply because the buyer didn't know

or take the time to learn how to use the unit

thats my two bob

geta'