SSAA skinning knife set

Wiggum

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has or seen the 2 knife sets that SSAA sell in their classifieds on the last couple of pages in the shooting mag they send out to members?

Just want some info on their quality and if they are worth the money.

Cheers

I think they are the green river knives for memory and if the are they are supposed to be good knives... I just went to king of knives and got myself a victornox butchers skinning and boning knives for about $30 each and a diamond sharpening steel which is 6" long and got myself a chisel pouch to put them in... I use a stone to sharpen my knives and touch them up with the steel when using them

Hi Wiggum,

I bought the set with the plastic handles a few months ago now. Only had one chance to use them when boning out a sambar yearling and they did all I asked of them. Having said that, I am far from an expert when it comes to wielding a blade - fairly bloody ordinary in fact, but I was happy with them.

The only complaint that I had is the knife roll they come with. Useless. Chuck it out straight away and get a decent roll. The stitching and clear plastic is not for serious field use.

As I said, I am not a knife guru, and if there is another member with more experience of a different opinion I would like to hear it.

Cheers,

Steve

I'VE HAD MINE FOR ABOUT 2-3YEARS NOW. I GOT THEM WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT. MINE IS ALSO THE PLASTIC TYPE. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM. THEY WORK VERY WELL.